Absolute best hunting scope for pure contrast, resolution, sharpness...

Despotes

I tried the Zeiss V6 and found it underwhelming. The Swarovski Z6 was very similar to my Z3, which apparently is VERY good for it's price. I'm currently using a S&B Zenith which is ok, but want better.
Do I need to buy a ZCO or TT to get the optical performance I want?
Zeiss V8?
Obviously this scope would need to be durable was well. Used primarily for hunting in the dark timber and large fields in the evenings and mornings.
Being into photography, I love a great image with detail and contrast. Large field of view would be great also. Does this scope exist?

I tried the Zeiss V6 and found it underwhelming. The Swarovski Z6 was very similar to my Z3, which apparently is VERY good for it's price. I'm currently using a S&B Zenith which is ok, but want better.
Zeiss V8?
Obviously this scope would need to be durable was well. Used primarily for hunting in the dark timber and large fields in the evenings and mornings.
Being into photography, I love a great image with detail and contrast. Large field of view would be great also. Does this scope exist?
@lancetkenyon

Zeiss V8?
To answer your question……Yes !

I recently compared both ZCO 420 & TT 315M
Both Excellent Optics. Comparable Glass contrast, sharpness, & resolution.

I didn't do any official testing, just compared the 2 viewing various targeted items near & far as well as
In different lighting conditions.

The purpose of my comparison was purely to choose the best of the 2 for my personal preference & application.

Glass was a pick em between the two for me with the edge going to the Tangent Theta.
Although the view perspective on the ZCO is amazing.

It ultimately came down to a feature, size, weight, controls operation, Reticle, & Fitment Comparison.
Both optics are well designed & quality built.

For this particular application I opted for the Tangent Theta, it was a slightly longer optic that gave me a bit more adjustment for eye relief, the ZCO was a tight fit.

I personally liked the glass & turrets
Slightly more on the Tangent.
Best I've owned to date.

Thx to :
@lancetkenyon
&
Jake @MOUNTIC

Last edited:
How does the March FX Tactical 4.5-28X52 compare to the ZCO and TT scopes? DLO said March made the exit pupil smaller. I'm curious how small as to noticeably affect low light performance.

Last edited:
How does the March FX Tactical 4.5-28X52 compare to the ZCO and TT scopes? DLO said March made the exit pupil smaller. I'm curious how small as to noticeably affect low light performance.
Here's a very in depth comparison between the March FX and TT :

You seem to have experience with SFP scopes as you referred to in you list of scopes you have.

The ZCO and Tangent Thetas are FFP scopes. Is that going to be acceptable?

If so, the ZCO and TT lines are almost unbeatable for optical quality. To my eyes, nothing else compares.
S&B PMII lines are close. Slightly better than the Zenith and Exos lines by a bit to my eyes for some reason.
NF ATACR F1 are fairly close.
Hensoldt Z line is very close, if not equal. But hard to find.

But nothing else.
The March FX lines do not compare.
The Kahles K lines do not compare.

If you are looking at SFP, the Swaro X5 line is very good, one of the best. But still under ZCO & TT to my eyes.
The S&B Exos is very good too, but not on par with ZCO or TT glass.

Who to call for a decent deal on a ZCO 4-20?---if any dealers are offering any deals. Any TT dealers offering deals?
--pm

Recent Posts