86-year-old veteran sniper - 1,000 yard head shots

My father in-law sent my that the other day, I really think we should do away with political correct teaching in schools and sit kids down and have them see what that generation did and the price that was paid. It is a great video of a great man, IMO.

Saw this on the original air date got misty eyed then as now at what the AMU did for that OLD SNIPER, the BLACK HAT was the cherry on top.

My dad is an 86 year old WWII veteran. He landed at Normandy and got caught up in the tough hedge row fighting. Then he got under General Patton and saw some of the toughest fighting of the war. St. Lowe, Metz, relief of Bastone and many others. He was captured late in the Battle of the Bulge fighting and spent the rest of the war being beaten in forced labor camps until he nearly died before he was liberated by a forward unit.

What these men suffered through so we can have the life we live is beyond words. We owe them all the gratitude and thanks that can be bestowed on them. Unforunately there are few remaining who can tell the stories. My dad is in poor health now and I wish him the best and appreciate his and others dedication in the war so we can live free.

Great video.

From what I saw he out shot the younger fellas.

His "smaller" group was more uniform but placed higher due to, I think, the butt's position on his upper arm.

I know fella on here that shoots that well, and has the military experience to be in the same class of people.

This is a good place to be.......

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.