7PRC barrel length

Standard will be 24". However, depending on bullet design and powder charge some are saying you'll only give up 30fps with a 22". If that is true the 22" looks inviting. Need to run some numbers at the range.

Last edited:
My wife's is 24 and my dads is 20. The wife's will be suppressed later in the year. Once I get my dads put together I'll have a better idea in fps difference between the two. Also two very different barrels ones a Bart carbon for the wife and my dad has a carbon X claiber.

My wife's is 24 and my dads is 20. The wife's will be suppressed later in the year. Once I get my dads put together I'll have a better idea in fps difference between the two. Also two very different barrels ones a Bart carbon for the wife and my dad has a carbon X claiber.
Will you post your numbers once you get them both shot?

Yup absolutely. The 24 will get shot first. Keep in mind initial numbers will be lower due to the break in period. Hopefully next week we will get to. The snow and rain is keeping me from going to the range. I don't feel like trying to fight it in that weather.

I saw this. They didn't post velocity but energy was posted. It seemed like there wasn't much of a difference. Leaning toward the 22"

At 1:46 they begin discussing the specs of each rifle and include the velocities.
20"-2862
22"-2927
24"-2965

All, except the 24" rifle, are using proof research barrels in a 1:8 twist.

Good video.....but did anyone catch the error? Highlighted yellow or did I miss something?

7mm prc youtube.jpg

Looking at the velocities above I would do a 22". That way if you decide to use it with suppressor more your not too terribly long to carry around

Recommend 24 but the bigger question, is what barrel and contour are you going to run? Steel or carbon? Do not recommend running a light contour with a suppressor.

Recent Posts