7mm STW Reloading Thread

Not a hype kinda guy....I'll stick with what's been working for me for years....The regular old 160 NAB's.

The Bergers are rapidly becoming my new favorite, though...

Once all the hype dies down and you can find them, I might give the LR 168's and 175's a try, just to see how they shoot out of my rifle.

Finaly had a good day to shoot shoot 8 different loads of 162 sst and 160 acubond all under 3/4" andone acubond load at 5/16" all with 92 grains us869 rem mag primers could not believe how well i shot i always muff a few shots

Is anyone buying into the hype and getting the Accubond Long Range bullets for your 7mm STW?

My 140 grain regular Accubond reloads are lethal (on whitetails) and very accurate in my past experience with them. And there are good to go coming out of the barrel at 3,450 fps (with a minimum 1,800 fps) out to almost 1,000 yards.

I've got some 168 grain Accubond Long Range on order and I've got a lot of H1000 right now so I'll probably give them a try. They will be probably coming out of the barrel at 3,150 - 3,180 fps so with my ballistic calculator (these ABLR are lethal to a minimum of 1,300 fps) they are good to go out to 1,680 yards.

I really have to ask myself is it realistic (or delusional) of me to even think I am capable to even shoot at these extreme long ranges let alone I can even shoot out to almost 1,000 yards with the regular Accubonds.

The only advantage I see the 140 grain regular Accubonds are only good (energy to take an elk) out to 700 yards and the 168 grain Accubond Long Range are only good (energy to take an elk) out to 930 yards.

With probably not going out west in the foreseeable future and shooting at elks, I may just save my money and stick with the regular Accubonds for whitetails where I hunt.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Well I have coming to me a couple of boxes each of the 150 grain & the 168 grain Accubond Long Range.

I feel if that if I figure out I don't like them I can definitely can sell them here because they are hard to find and get right now.

I'l give an update after I work some loads up with both weights.

Well, guys my local gs has the 168 accubond lr in stock. My conundrum.... I have a 24" barrel 10" twist 7stw, so am I peeing up a rope even thinking of these pills??? I already had flaky accuracy with the 171 Barnes match last year so they are feeding my 7 rem. I really don't need any more bullets for my 7rem, so if these don't work they'd be useless to me. I am having good results with the 140 accubond and rl25 at present.

Hey, everyone says I should be using a 10" twist for my 5R .308 shooting 210 Bergers, but it's shooting just great with an 11.25" twist and stacking them.

Weird unexplainable things happen.

Has anyone from the Brotherhood tried to reload the Matrix bullets for their 7mm STW rifles?

.284 Caliber Bullets Custom Built for Accuracy | Matrix Ballistics

I'm really considering on getting the .284 caliber 168 grain VLD rifle bullets and the .284 caliber 190 grain VLD rifle bullets to try them out in my twin Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STWs.

Not yet but I think Im gonna try the 140's

Thanks!

I just ordered a box (100 pieces) of the Matrix 284 caliber 168 grain VLD.

I thought the .284 caliber 190 grain VLD would not work that well with my 9 1/4 twist in my twin Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STWs.

I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

I'm still working up a load with the Nosler Accubond Long Range 168 grain. I'm pretty pleased with the progress.

Here is a pic of a 3 shot group @ 100 yards out of each of my twin Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STWs. They are both right at .5 MOA.

The velocity was right at 3,125 fps.

Attachments

• ABLR 168 Sendero-Montana ML.jpg
    ABLR 168 Sendero-Montana ML.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 41
  • ABLR 168 Sendero-Calif ML.jpg
    ABLR 168 Sendero-Calif ML.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks!

I just ordered a box (100 pieces) of the Matrix 284 caliber 168 grain VLD.

I thought the .284 caliber 190 grain VLD would not work that well with my 9 1/4 twist in my twin Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STWs.

I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

I'm still working up a load with the Nosler Accubond Long Range 168 grain. I'm pretty pleased with the progress.

Here is a pic of a 3 shot group @ 100 yards out of each of my twin Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STWs. They are both right at .5 MOA.

The velocity was right at 3,125 fps.
Awesome Trigger work Tim

Tim,

Whats your powder and load??? I just did Retumbo at 83 gr seated at 3.8 my lands is 4.099 wotn fit it the box but its way out there... Lee says to seat it back and that is next visit to the range... ANyway, just curious what your load is... I have the 168 LR accu too..
Thanks
Mario

Tim,

Whats your powder and load??? I just did Retumbo at 83 gr seated at 3.8 my lands is 4.099 wotn fit it the box but its way out there... Lee says to seat it back and that is next visit to the range... ANyway, just curious what your load is... I have the 168 LR accu too..
Thanks
Mario

From the pics of groupings above the powder was H1000 78.5gr, COL - 3.675", brass - twice fired Remington and primer - Fed215.

As I said in the above post I still developing the load. I have reloads with H1000 80.6gr & 81.3gr to try out at the range soon. I'm hoping to get a velocity closer to 3,200 fps.

I just got the MagnetoSpeed V2 Ballistic Chronograph so I am hoping to get more accurate readings of velocity at the range now.

Recent Posts