7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

7STW...........My gun store called today and said they took a Leupold 3x9x50 Vari x 2 in on trade ........ said I could have it for 250 ........you know you got it bad when the gun store calls and says they are holding stuff for you ......You gotta love em​
ButterBean,
That's not a bad price for that scope, they run close to 300 down here used. Always good to have an extra scope laying around just in case.:D
FE

Brass shipped

I'll pm everyone their USPS tracking number tomorrow, All brass went out insured and will be there next week according to USPS. They are usually pretty good.

Happy Easter everyone.

I have 150 extra cases if someone needs them.

Depending on how much I shoot this summer! I don't want to burn my barrel out though!!!

Ed

I put nightforce rings on my 7stw, 30mm scope. Am I over paying for rings, is there other top notch ones, like these dovetail ones you mention. Where can I buy them or see them?

Butterbean & 7stw, thanks for the advice on the twist fot the 168gr LRX.

etisll40 - I may be interested in the extra brass. What brand is it and what price?

Re: Brass shipped

I'll pm everyone their USPS tracking number tomorrow, All brass went out insured and will be there next week according to USPS. They are usually pretty good.

Happy Easter everyone.

I have 150 extra cases if someone needs them.

Depending on how much I shoot this summer! I don't want to burn my barrel out though!!!

Ed

Hello everyone in the STW brotherhood....Just received message from Ed....I am really getting excited about getting my STW shooting!!! And I wanted to tell everyone that I hope that they have a HAPPY EASTER and I hope that everyone will remember what happened 1979 yrs ago tomorrow!!! My/Our Lord Jesus Christ overcame death and arose form the grave to keep me from eternal torment!!
Again Happy Easter!!

Hello fellow 7mm Shooting Times Westerner shooters:)

My 7mm STW, is a Winchester 70 Long Range Hunting originally.

Now it has a 32" Broughton barrel, 1,25" straight barrel, Manners stock T4A, Ken Farrel 20 MOA, Swarovski 6-24x50 scope.
Winchester brass, 180 gr Berger Hunting, VV165 gunpower 3050 f/s.

Last edited:
Re: Brass shipped

Hello everyone in the STW brotherhood....Just received message from Ed....I am really getting excited about getting my STW shooting!!! And I wanted to tell everyone that I hope that they have a HAPPY EASTER and I hope that everyone will remember what happened 1979 yrs ago tomorrow!!! My/Our Lord Jesus Christ overcame death and arose form the grave to keep me from eternal torment!!
Again Happy Easter!!
Sackett,
You got it brother, Amen to that, we are justified- as if we had never sinned, humanly unthinkable that this was done for a sinner like me. Praise be to God!
Get that stw shooting and let us know what you come up with.gun)
FE

Hey 7stw and Fred Ea, Got some trigger time today(guess Im lucky that I have a range in my back yard).......7 you were right,I had room for more powder so I loaded my original load (77gr RL22) and 77.5 and 78 with 140 Barnes TSX and 215m's........had a 1/4 value wind......the 77gr set produced a.314 group 77.5 @.401 and 78 was .428 all at 100yds so we know whats going on there. Im tickled with the 77gr load,I'll back down some and see what happens.I know i mentioned this before but my bullet at the lands is3.2440 anmy COL is3.0160 to get it in the mag.......lots of jump but I guess at .314 I best not complain......what do you guys think about the COL........on another note I also shot my 22-250 today which has a Canjar trigger.....it was worth every dime:D.....sorry for rambling just really tickled with the STW

Like they say each gun is different you can't argue with that accuracy. I seat my 180 at
3.910 and 168 at 3.845 but have to load single shot. Kasey1

Hey 7stw and Fred Ea, Got some trigger time today(guess Im lucky that I have a range in my back yard).......7 you were right,I had room for more powder so I loaded my original load (77gr RL22) and 77.5 and 78 with 140 Barnes TSX and 215m's........had a 1/4 value wind......the 77gr set produced a.314 group 77.5 @.401 and 78 was .428 all at 100yds so we know whats going on there. Im tickled with the 77gr load,I'll back down some and see what happens.I know i mentioned this before but my bullet at the lands is3.2440 anmy COL is3.0160 to get it in the mag.......lots of jump but I guess at .314 I best not complain......what do you guys think about the COL........on another note I also shot my 22-250 today which has a Canjar trigger.....it was worth every dime:D.....sorry for rambling just really tickled with the STW

Bean, as far as OAL goes, your max is going to be about 3.665 +-. I usually set mine to box length, then fool around with charge to find it's sweet spot. My " node" on my #1 Sendero is pretty broad. Using the 140 CT, and 79.3-RL 22, she spits it out at 3366. I have never changed anything on that load since day one. ( why would I?) accuracy is in the 2's and 3's at 100, and sometimes nearly the same at 200. I have a target shot at 350 yrd, that measures 1.244 center to center. Have you chronoed anything yet? You are on the right track. Just watch and feel for everything.