7mm stw brass

doublebull82

Wondering if any one knows of any were to get brass besides nosler brass just curious just bought a 7mm stw and just seems it's cheaper to buy pre loaded ammo to get brass

That would be one solution. And, your brass would be fire-formed to your chamber and ready for you to handload next go around.

Or you could always go the cheaper route for brass, which is the original way the cartridge was designed... By necking down new 8mm RemMag brass. 1 simple trip through the 7mm STW FL sizing die, and your 8mmRM brass will be ready to be loaded.

And, it's about $5.00 a box cheaper than STW brass. Also, Midway will occasionally put it on sale for around $57 a box. And it's almost always available, too.

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 8mm Remington Mag Box of 25

That would be one solution. And, your brass would be fire-formed to your chamber and ready for you to handload next go around.

Or you could always go the cheaper route for brass, which is the original way the cartridge was designed... By necking down new 8mm RemMag brass. 1 simple trip through the 7mm STW FL sizing die, and your 8mmRM brass will be ready to be loaded.

And, it's about $5.00 a box cheaper than STW brass. Also, Midway will occasionally put it on sale for around $57 a box. And it's almost always available, too.

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 8mm Remington Mag Box of 25

Is there any issue with neck thickness when you go that route? I looked into resizing 308 brass to 243 and scrapped it when I read about the danger of the necks getting too thick and having to neck turn all the brass. I've got an STW on the way and I'm looking forward to start working up loads for it

Is there any issue with neck thickness when you go that route? I looked into resizing 308 brass to 243 and scrapped it when I read about the danger of the necks getting too thick and having to neck turn all the brass. I've got an STW on the way and I'm looking forward to start working up loads for it

Should not be. The original cases formed for the STW were from simply necking-down 8mmRM brass.

I just checked it on my cartridge software, and you should not have an issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.