7mm PRC

Hmmmmm....I think the point is being missed here in this thinking....has anyone discovered....that almost every known caliber today in all the tried and true gun manufacturers are introducing what are called...New twist rates to accommodate New heavier loads....or is this totally revolutionary in ONLY PRCs....maybe it's just me and I'm not up to date...or perhaps...just delusional and I have dreamt such an improvement elsewhere!
They're catching up slowly it seems introducing faster twist rates in newer barrels in some specialty "long range rifle" offerings but not across the board.

Once SAAMI accepts a cartridge, I don't believe it can be changed. This includes recommended twist rate. I believe that rifle manufacturers have to follow these specifications. Therefore, the 6.5 CM. A current example, 270WSM-6.8 Western. Very slight difference in the case because of this. 270WSM-10T. 268 Western-8T. And yes, I have 270WSMs with both 10T and 8T. But I'm not a manufacturer. It is nice to have the twist rate stamped on the barrel next to the cartridge size too.
They can and do offer faster TW's in some factory offerings as more and more heavy/long for caliber bullets keep coming out and in trying to meet the rising demand for rifles to accommodate them.

Once SAAMI accepts a cartridge, I don't believe it can be changed. This includes recommended twist rate. I believe that rifle manufacturers have to follow these specifications. Therefore, the 6.5 CM. A current example, 270WSM-6.8 Western. Very slight difference in the case because of this. 270WSM-10T. 268 Western-8T. And yes, I have 270WSMs with both 10T and 8T. But I'm not a manufacturer. It is nice to have the twist rate stamped on the barrel next to the cartridge size too.
SAAMI is voluntary and they do rarely have revisions.
I have 3 factory Rem700s in .308 Winchester
one has a 1:12 twist, second has 1:11.25, the third is 1:10. Similarly I have several .223s with various twist rates all factory. I can't seem to find SAAMI recommended twist rates, however. maybe someone can provide a link.

Top selling.....lol....another major drain in a vastly depleted market! No manufacturer seems to be able to meet 10% of current supply demands....but HEY...let's introduce a New Wonder cartridge.....I can't even get brass for a .308!
Midway is literally loaded with a variety of 308 brass.

As far as I can see, the PRC's fill a niche for hunters that don't build their own, reload their own. I will have some fun here and stay with my .270TH that will easily shoot the 170EOL at 3100 fps with RL26. Do the math, what will 7MM PRC do "far" better with 175ELDX?

As far as I can see, the PRC's fill a niche for hunters that don't build their own, reload their own. I will have some fun here and stay with my .270TH that will easily shoot the 170EOL at 3100 fps with RL26. Do the math, what will 7MM PRC do "far" better with 175ELDX?
Nothing...the niche ....that never was!

It's a niche that will replace other cartridges so they remain on top. Easy as x,y,zed.
(6.5 Creedmoor,6.5/7/300prc will be at the top while others slowly fade.) We have seen it already if you like it or not.

don't buy one. Simple?
Thanks for the sage advice...I had no intention of buying one before and with your support here now I'm convinced I don't need one...

No one "needed" a 6.5 PRC either but look how that went. My 6.5x284 doesn't feel the love anymore. LOL
And that fad died quicker than any...at least in Canada. I have 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC shells on my shelves for months now and no one is buying them. The sales of all other popular calibers are blowing them out of the water. Not a single customer since the announcement of the 7 has even inquired about it....yet! And the near impossible...okay impossible shells to get and to which I get 15-20 calls per day are for 270 wsm....must be the Niche market they fill so nicely.....I let my customers tell me what they want and I listen...as a notable...7 wsm...haven't sold a single box in 7 months since the store opened...maybe that Niche is full. In the end is it really about something NEW AND HUGELY IMPROVED to revolutionize or sport...or is it simply a Marketing ploy to sell more.....remember the Remington 284 mag....couldn't give them away.....but oh my gosh....the new Remington 7mm Mag.sales soared...what an improvement...still a top daily seller......lmao! I know...is all about personal choice and I apologize if it seems I'm negative about PRC...fill your boots....it's just one man's dumb a** opinion and observations based on daily sales.

I tend to agree the prc fad is playing out. 6.5 CM is a rock star. 6.5 prc/300 prc had a blip like a lot of new cartridges but I think fading. Despite what some think, the 270 wsm is fairly popular. Not as much as 300 WSM but did well. 6.5/300 PRC I exoect will be similar in long run. Nice cartridges but not world beaters. We will see on 7prc. Nice round but heavy comp in that category already. Generally tough for a cartridge in this recoil/power range to get overly popular

Lou