7mm PRC

Top selling.....lol....another major drain in a vastly depleted market! No manufacturer seems to be able to meet 10% of current supply demands....but HEY...let's introduce a New Wonder cartridge.....I can't even get brass for a .308!
Doesn't mean it won't dominate sells. They are the ones making the money and understand the market. They are simply positioning themselves at the top and will wash away other calibers like they have been doing. Like that 308 of yours. Ask yourself what are the top selling cartridges in the last 5 years? If they are at the top, they will take the market share and not worry about the other depleting cartridges.

Last edited:
We did some testing of the new caliber. It's very easy to shoot and shoots well. Have some results on an article with several powders.

I'm going to listen to that on the way home today. I just hope they're not pushing product.

If it would truly fill a niche between a 7RM and 28 Nosler performance wise it will be an amazing round. It just doesn't quite appear to have the case capacity for that. I still wish the 7LRM would have taken off.
Gunwerks said they would support the 7LRM for another year until the 7PRC "got on its feet" and then the burial service.

Gunwerks said they would support the 7LRM for another year until the 7PRC "got on its feet" and then the burial service.

Not too surprised.

I still like the 7 LRM, if I was to build one I'd make brass from the 300 prc and have custom dies made. In reality, I'd build a 7rm or prc before going through all that.

Too Bad the 7Blaser mag never got this attention always thought it was a great option to the 7RM with no belt.
I always wanted a blaser mag in a tikka action but never did because of lack of brass options. The prc is so close to the blaser, I'm curious if the prc brass would work in a rifle chambered in the 7 blaser, but I don't know enough to know if that would work. Obviously now I'd just go with the prc but still curious…

Hornady just released the 7mm PRC factory ammunition pushing the 180 gr eld match at 3000 fps. I'm thinking I might have to rebarrel one of my 300's in that. Will be interesting to see how it does. The 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC have already proven themselves as great cartridges. Paired with a good bullet the 7mm PRC looks like a flat shooting beast.
I think it will probably be the number one 7 mag of the 21st century nestling down between the 7RM and STW.

The one big surprise to me is that unlike their previous launches over the last decade or so there isn't already a big supply of factory rifles and ammo already sitting on the shelves in coordination with the launch.

I'll be doing a new 7mm this year but it's going to be based off of the full sized and improved 375 Ruger case and improved.

Why? Just because I can and I like all the work Rich has done with his Sherman Magnums.

I'm going to call it the 7mm-375 SI 👍

Current list of builders

Attachments

• D0AB7245-D9F4-465F-9EDE-54757B4128F1.png
    D0AB7245-D9F4-465F-9EDE-54757B4128F1.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 124
Agreed, I'm stopping on mine but I'm running 2840 I'm my 20 inch saum.

On paper it's should out run a saum in equal sized barrels, same powder and leaned on equally hard.

It's going to take a minute to get enough data out to show its true potential.

Hornady just released the 7mm PRC factory ammunition pushing the 180 gr eld match at 3000 fps. I'm thinking I might have to rebarrel one of my 300's in that. Will be interesting to see how it does. The 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC have already proven themselves as great cartridges. Paired with a good bullet the 7mm PRC looks like a flat shooting beast.

It'll be a good one, Big 7's are never not a bad idea.

The 7 Mashburn Super came out in the 50's or so I'd guess. I've been using it for 3 decades, it'll do 3K with the 180's. To date I've gone thru several barrels using the round and have filled an ark or two!

Agreed, I'm stopping on mine but I'm running 2840 I'm my 20 inch saum.

On paper it's should out run a saum in equal sized barrels, same powder and leaned on equally hard.

It's going to take a minute to get enough data out to show its true potential.
What bullet are you running? That's smoking if it's a 180eldm.