7 mm SHERMAN SHORTMAG vs 7 SAUM

Has there been any kind of pressure testing of this round?

Claiming it exceeds SAUM velocity at less pressure and less powder seems a little hard to believe?

Has there been any kind of pressure testing of this round?

Claiming it exceeds SAUM velocity at less pressure and less powder seems a little hard to believe?
I'm not sure anyone has posted that it exceeds it with less pressure but I could be wrong? No, there has not been any pressure testing but I get double digit firings with the brass so I am not concerned about it.

Anymore news on this? I am thinking a 7ss is in my very near future. Hoping to shoot the 180 eldm at 3000 fps. That seems crazy to me because i have shot two barrels out chambered in 7 rum shooting the 195 eol at 2925 fps. Pretty amazing lil case for sure.

Anymore news on this? I am thinking a 7ss is in my very near future. Hoping to shoot the 180 eldm at 3000 fps. That seems crazy to me because i have shot two barrels out chambered in 7 rum shooting the 195 eol at 2925 fps. Pretty amazing lil case for sure.

News?? I have reamer, dies, and brass ready to go

Just wondering how the 180 eldm is working out with your 7ss? I have a chance to acquire one of your 7ss in a trade and am gonna jump on it. It is a feirce edge action with a 23" 2b Bartlein barrel. I have lots of RL 26 powder and 180eldms. What real world speed can i expect? Anyone have any on game performance with these 7SS rifles? Mainly elk and mule deer. What primer? Magnum primer or not?

Last edited:
I haven't been shooting it for a while due to Too many other projects. I think there is kill data on "POST YOUR SHERMAN KILLS". You should talk to "WIL" on this forum. I am pretty sure that is his old rifle and he could give you specific info. I know he had some pretty amazing velocities! RL26 with a 210 primer is what you want.

Last edited: