7-300 Norma Mag Improved. IT’S ALIVE!!

Mines a 8 twist barrel
Big heavy bullet going fast is the reason I went down this rabbit hole!
In my experience the 195@3300 is king for me but I have the twist to handle it.
Elk or deer it will be up to the task.
Also the published BC fo bothe the 195 and the 180 eldm are not correct
My in field findings with my rigs put the Eldm lower and the 195 a tich higher
But that's my rigs. You may find it differently.

Ive seen elk take multiple 300's before going down. Excellent shot placement too they can be tough critters.

This bull took 6 rounds from lapua before going down over 1200 yards fyi. But he packed it. He had 3 in shoulder blade broke shoulder one in front one in lungs and last shot high broke his back. Theyre no different then us. Some our tougher then others. Im firm believer on area and genetics as well. Some of heards that lived with wolfs longer have a little more grit in there blood.

Attachments

• IMG_3430.jpeg
    IMG_3430.jpeg
    778.1 KB · Views: 67
Everyone acts like elk are made of armor. I killed 3 of them with a pointy stick and a string lol. Any heavy for caliber bullet going over 3100fps would cause 10X the amount of damage of a little ol arrow. But I just shoot for the lungs, like with a bow. I stay away from bone.

This big old tough 9 year old bull made it a whopping 10 yards 🤷🏽‍♂️
IMG_2382.jpeg

Everyone acts like elk are made of armor. I killed 3 of them with a pointy stick and a string lol. Any heavy for caliber bullet going over 3100fps would cause 10X the amount of damage of a little ol arrow. But I just shoot for the lungs, like with a bow. I stay away from bone.

This big old tough 9 year old bull made it a whopping 10 yards 🤷🏽‍♂️
View attachment 555710
Amazing how fast an arrow will kill an elk. Put a sharp blade through both lungs and they'll last about 10 seconds.

Back to bullets, the bar keeps getting raised! I'm hoping to settle in with 225s in the 2950 range. I just hope it's enough! 😜

Amazing how fast an arrow will kill an elk. Put a sharp blade through both lungs and they'll last about 10 seconds.

Back to bullets, the bar keeps getting raised! I'm hoping to settle in with 225s in the 2950 range. I just hope it's enough! 😜
That's exactly what I shot last year. 225 ELDM at 2950fps. It wrecked everything I shot. Giant wound channels. My bull died in probably 10 seconds as well. Shot him slight quartering away just behind the shoulder and up into the chest cavity. Wound channel was bigger than my fist.

Recent Posts