7-300 Norma Mag Improved

So I lied about not changing the rifle up before hunting season haha.

I'm going to have @Barehandlineman11 bed the action in this McMillan Nimrod stock to test out, courtesy of @Elk Hunter 338. It seems like an excellent design. I think I'm going to like it a lot! And then switch to a 24" Rem Varmint contour 8.5 twist kreiger barrel as well, still chambered in 7-300 NMI of course by High Voltage Armory.

Stock will be repainted brown and black like my current stock, and the barrel as well will be the same color.

IMG_3660.jpeg

I'm really looking forward to this change! I'll save 13.5oz over my current stock. And then add just a couple ounces back with the 24" Rem Varmint compared to the 26" #6 barrel that's on it now. The cartridge has plenty of performance, so it'll be nice to get a little shorter package, but keep the weight up a little bit to mange recoil still.

Finally, someone that changes things up and complicates as much or more than Phil.
Pleasure to meet you..if I'm ever out around the Big Valley…
Definitely!

I like the flat bottom of the butt, will track nice in the rear bag like a BR stock.
Yeah! I've been wanting to get away from the steep bottom toe angles for a little while now. So this is perfect!

Or................. You could not paint the stock. Re-do the bolt and barrel flues in red. And sell it to me when the season is over 🥰

That's going to look great when he's done, man.
Haha oh I don't think I'll be selling it! I'll probably just sell the Mountaineer LR when it shows up honestly. I don't really see any benefit it would have over this stock really. I agree though, it's going to look real good, and hopefully shoot even better!

Hey, how's that 6PRC treating you? Spend much time behind it yet?