6.5mm 150g ABLR.

MagnumManiac

G'day all,
I just thought I would post that after a few years, I am elated, I have finally found some 150g ABLR pills to use in my custom 264WM 29.5" 8" twist.
I have been looking for so long, I didn't think it would happen.
The cost per 100 is substantial, $179AUD, but I just have to try them.
These should be the ticket for my Dad getting his biggest Red deer stag in New Zealand next year, he turns 80 next year.

Cheers.

I've thought about the but 142's isn't much advertised bc difference. I'm not sure if the 142s will work in my 9t, but I did make a 7.5t 264wm. Possible fps is 3,300+. Hoping it'll stay below separation speeds. Good luck on them!
My Win Model 70 EW is a 9" twist and I didn't get instability with the 142g ABLR, my REM 700 Sendero got oblong holes with them both times I tried H1000. Both of those rifles shoot the 140g Accubond into tiny groups, so that's what they get fed.
The 150's should make 3300fps in my 29.5" barrel, so looking forward to that.

Cheers.

My Win Model 70 EW is a 9" twist and I didn't get instability with the 142g ABLR, my REM 700 Sendero got oblong holes with them both times I tried H1000. Both of those rifles shoot the 140g Accubond into tiny groups, so that's what they get fed.
The 150's should make 3300fps in my 29.5" barrel, so looking forward to that.

Cheers.
The only 140's I've shot were Sierra Sbt (not smk's) in a pre64 9t. Probably the heaviest and style that will and have stabilized in that 9. I don't shoot monos which would most likely need a faster twist for 140 and up? I have several 8t 26cals for everything else except the 150smk that requires a 7.5 (according to Sierra). I quizzed them on that because of a few of their other bullets twist requirements based on velocity. I wad really hoping for an 8t. Very interested on how they perform and shoot in an 8! The 156eol has me thinking I might use them. Most of my info is from quick loaf. Hopefully get some loads in the 7.5t soon.

G'day all,
I just thought I would post that after a few years, I am elated, I have finally found some 150g ABLR pills to use in my custom 264WM 29.5" 8" twist.
These should be the ticket for my Dad getting his biggest Red deer stag in New Zealand next year, he turns 80 next year.

Cheers.
Berger 156 EOL Are easier to find but still not often available but they will hammer them too.

Berger 156 EOL Are easier to find but still not often available but they will hammer them too.
I have a 8" twist custom LR rig, that's what we use in New Zealand, so I want to use the 150g ABLR for my Dad.
I tried the 156g EOL out of my 264WM 8" twist and both of my 6.5x47 & 260AI with 8" twist. Wasn't overly impressed with the Berger, also tried the 140g Hybrid Hunter, it worked, but left me wanting better performance.

Cheers.

G'day all,

Cheers.
I run them in my 6.5 PRC, but I have a 7.5 twist in that rascal. I am almost at sea level.