6.5 haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends- do your head stamps still say "6.5 Creedmoor" on them? From what I've learned on this thread, necking down just means you only have to fly a rainbow flag and drink IPAs, but you don't have to go as far as bud light and man buns.
Well, half are 243 because I had a bunch of Lapua 243 and no 243 anymore....took some fire forming and neck turning to get them perfect (yes would have been easier to sell and get something that didn't require as much work) and the other half are 25cm so at least I can keep drinking coors.

Unlike the avg Fudd that shoots his Weatherby mag once (3rds) prior to taking it afield to shoot his quarry in the arse, I practice year round, from field positions. The only people that feel the need to validate, or more accurately, compensate for their lack of ability are folks that choose the largest cartridge they can find. Perhaps they feel like with all that "power" they need not practice? Mpbr shooting with a 30-378 is one way to do it, it's archaic and dare I say stupid....but it's one way.....

The creedmoor is not only cheap to shoot, but pleasant to shoot, which means you will shoot more and become more proficient.

0 elk will be wounded, but I can guarantee 2 will be killed.
I actually know a guy that swore by the 30-378 WBY Mag and now swears by a needmoor. He did wound and lose an elk with the needmoor tracked that poor bull over a mile. Sad times. Should have stayed with a real rifle.

I actually know a guy that swore by the 30-378 WBY Mag and now swears by a needmoor. He did wound and lose an elk with the needmoor tracked that poor bull over a mile. Sad times. Should have stayed with a real rifle.
I'm sorry you know an incompetent idiot. You should have warned him he could not arse shoot it like he was using his 30-378.

1687010418602.jpeg

Yes I'm a "baby boomer" and proud of it. But I also have the highest respect for wildlife I have been hunting since I was 6 yo in 1953.
Outdoor Life had an article bragging on using the 6.5 CM on a grizzly. The guy lives there in Alaska; gets cheap licenses; doesn't have to hire a guide (which non-residents do); etc. Me, I'll carry a bigger caliber just in case!
I have seen too many elk here in Colorado with festered places shot with inadequate cartridges. Dead elk (and mule deer) shot that ran off only to die later that I found rotting.
I personally will not risk losing an animal because of the latest cartridge fad. I use a 30-06 or 300 WM for western big game and have never shot at an elk over 300 yards…my confident kill range. They are not the same animals as whitetails and hogs.
Please don't risk waisting our magnificent wildlife! Know your abilities well!
JMO&E

I'm sorry you know an incompetent idiot. You should have warned him he could not arse shoot it like he was using his 30-378.
Dude drank the koolaid. Shot was right at 330 yards. He kept saying it was a good hit! I watched it through the scope! To me it is just not an elk round. Good for deer and antelope. I have hit animals well with bigger calibers and still struggled getting them down. Due in part to poor bullet expansion. Just do not believe it has the proper umph for elk. State of Colorado allows 243 with 90 grain bullets. I do not agree with this either, but people do it

Dude drank the koolaid. Shot was right at 330 yards. He kept saying it was a good hit! I watched it through the scope! To me it is just not an elk round. Good for deer and antelope. I have hit animals well with bigger calibers and still struggled getting them down. Due in part to poor bullet expansion. Just do not believe it has the proper umph for elk. State of Colorado allows 243 with 90 grain bullets. I do not agree with this either, but people do it
Yeah the guy I saw fill an elks stomach with a 300 rum was sure it was a good hit too.

If only he had brought a real gun….

You know I had a thought! It also started about the same time weed was legalized and everyone now believes that weed is some super drug that cures everything from syphilis to ignorance! Never thought about adding the 2 together but guess that is the key to all they hype about needmoor and weed.
All the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together now....and people say nothing is gained from bashing the needmore!

Sounds like he brought a real gun. How did you know it was hitting stomach?
When the guide finally killed it it's stomach had bullet holes in it

Crap shots are crap shots. Hunters always think they did a good job and it just "got away"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts