6.5 Creedmoor Taking Care of Business

I did a bulk buy of 6.5 bullets and wound up with some boxes in the 90gr range. Has anyone tried these out on yotes? I was thinking of using them on rock chucks but be nice to work up an all around varmint load/bullet.

The guys shooting coyotes with the 143 eld-x bullets, I'd like to see what kind of a hole you're ending up with on the off side. Is it a pencil hole, dime, quarter, silver dollar, grapefruit? Any info would be great, pics would be great also.
Deano

I'll be using my Hornady ELD-X 143 gr. ammo on coyotes this year. I'll post photos as soon as I connect - likely in January.

Coyotes north of Las Vegas won't have decent pelts until at least January. I want the best pelt to make a detachable fur ruff for my mountain parka. I'm thinking the fur around the shoulder area and into the chest will be best for a ruff.

I just upgraded my 6.5 CM Ruger American Predator with a Boyd's Classic laminated stock and a Timney trigger. Going to the range next week to sight in. I'm wondering if there will be a POI shift with the new stock. Certainly the Timney trigger is a great improvement and I'm thinking it will shrink groups a bit.

I also added flush cup sling swivels and am using a Magpul Modular sling. It's fast-adjust and good for field use.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.