.460 S&W Magnum

Hard Head

good deal on a .460 Smithin 5" ,it is spotless and the trigger is superb, my problem is the only bullets I can find are 200 gr. FTX and 225 FTX I have read that the 225 will blow up on impact and the 200 was made for it, 200 is twice as much as the 225, I will mainly use it on paper at 100 yds. till my 30 gr. LWN .454 mould is made,The guys that have used the 225 say it is great on paper but do not use it on game,WELL HAY DA HAY BOB.... I have no intention of shooting game with either of the lite weights, any one use them? Pete

I have everything except Bullets, going down Tuesday to Titan reloading to get them , have to decide between 200 FTX and 225 FTX, they will be used for paper punching and the 200 are twice as much,as soon as the mould arrives I will be casting and Powder Coating,love the powder coat worked wonders in my Casul and 10mm double stack,they are both gone so will be using the 460 for everything will be using H110,296 and Enforcer,Pete

When/if/hopefully I get my 5"er....I'll continue my cast 400's for hunting or the big stuff, my cast 300's for plinking, and my 444/460 shot shells for summer vermin and fall/winter small game! 😉 For myself, following the KISS principal keeps me out of mental contortions! memtb

When/if/hopefully I get my 5"er....I'll continue my cast 400's for hunting or the big stuff, my cast 300's for plinking, and my 444/460 shot shells for summer vermin and fall/winter small game! 😉 For myself, following the KISS principal keeps me out of mental contortions! memtb

Who made your Mould,I will be using a Accurate or Noe,I think Accurate make some monsters, Pete

Shoot me a PM! But, fair warning, I'm not desperate to purchase......neither is my wife! 😉 memtb
excuse my ignorance but I've been trying to figure out how to send you a PM and can't manage to do so. 😂. This is my first time ever posting on here.

I may be incorrect, but, think that you have to have a certain number of posts before you can pm. Maybe someone can chime-in with the real scoop!

If that number of posts is not too great.....you can follow my lead and post many incoherent ramblings, to reach your quota! 😁 memtb

I have used the 200 grain Hornady factory loads on 3 Whitetail deer. All were shot under 50 yds. Two broadside through the ribs with no issues. The third one was quartering to me. The bullet hit the point of the onside front leg. It disintegrated the leg bone and the bullet for the most part. The deer eventually got up and moved 50 or sixty yards and laid down. That's where I made a short sneak and finishing shot. Most of the damage was concussive damage to the lungs not a hole. If you use them close up in thick stuff pick your shots with that in mind.