338 SHERMAN

Here was a target
Do you have any loads to start with Rich? Or powders... I'll use mine for deer as well.
Here is a target that I kept while FIRE FORMING.
There were others I had during load development but didn't keep.
15885208964059093262859031165204.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, what barrel manufacturer did you got with? Details on twist and contour would be appreciated. I was thinking about a ten twist and #4 contour.
Thank you again
Mine was a 24" Bartlein 10 twist. Lots of guys are using 9.3" now because of the long high b c offerings and monos but it depends a lot on which bullets you want to shoot.

I'm assuming the ones on the Sherman website should set the headspace correctly right?
They do, but its not unlike adjusting your press to maintain proper head space. The best way to use a hydro die is to leave the shoulder a bit forward and then bump it the normal way with the sizer to give a thou or two clearance.

Hi all, I know this is an older post but I'm looking for someone in the Helena, MT area to do a 338 Sherman for me. Have 2 barrels, one is a Shilen 1-10 26" #2 profile, the other is a Adams & Bennet 24" in a #3 or 4 profile. About 2x's as heavy. It's currently chambered in 338-06. Was supposed to be the Sherman but the Smith told me he couldn't get the reamer in the time frame I wanted so just went ahead and chambered to the Ackley. Really ****ed me off. Any suggestions as to who to use? Going on a Mark X Mauser with the mag lengthened to 3.55". Would like to use the lightweight barrel but what can I expect recoil wise? Thanks.

Hi all, I know this is an older post but I'm looking for someone in the Helena, MT area to do a 338 Sherman for me. Have 2 barrels, one is a Shilen 1-10 26" #2 profile, the other is a Adams & Bennet 24" in a #3 or 4 profile. About 2x's as heavy. It's currently chambered in 338-06. Was supposed to be the Sherman but the Smith told me he couldn't get the reamer in the time frame I wanted so just went ahead and chambered to the Ackley. Really ****ed me off. Any suggestions as to who to use? Going on a Mark X Mauser with the mag lengthened to 3.55". Would like to use the lightweight barrel but what can I expect recoil wise? Thanks.
Sorry to hear that! I have a guy in Butte but will have to think about Helena?

I like the 3b Bartlein a lot with a 9.4 twist
Hey Rich, you didn't read all of my post. I have a 26" Shilen #2 lightweight Sporter and a Adams and Bennett 24" that's chambered in 338-06 Ackley. Both 1-10 twist. Which would you recommend for the 338 Sherman? I'm more interested in a lighter weight smoke pole as I put on a lot of miles when elk hunting.