Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Norma

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Federal

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
Yes, I believe that is correct that Norma made the brass for Lapua. Not sure if Lapua gave them any specs. But I am running my 300 win at max. I have 10+ firings on the 300 win Lapua brass and am just starting to get some loose primer pockets. I have never had any Norma brass last over 5 firings when run at max. So I have to say the Lapua head stamp brass I am running in my 300 win is not as strong as 338 Lapua brass but it is lasting better than Norma has for me. For whatever that observation is worth.:)

Jeff

I am getting ready to have a .300 WM put together. I spent the money for a good barrel, so I am interested in getting the best brass available, too. From my perspective, your observations are worth quite a lot.

I have had good luck running Norma pretty hard in my .375 H&H, though I don't believe I am up to 5 firings on any of it, yet. Sounds like you have a good thing going with your Lapua headstamped .300 WM brass. Maybe we'll see it offered again some day. Will have to keep an eye out for something like that...

Sweet! Got any H-1000 and 215 Bergers yet? :D

Jeff

Been sitting on 3-5 lbs of H1000 for a couple years now... But I don't use it anymore because it has not been a good experience in my rifles. Which is why I went looking elsewhere and ended up with 7828 SSC. The only one it shot decent in was my .257 Wby, which is gone now.

I don't have any 215's yet... I have a bunch of 210's. But haven't had the dough to order a box of 500 215's.

300win Lapua brass has become very hard to find, but what I use from an old stash. I have none to sell. RWS is close in quality and even stronger, but has lower case capacity. So what I have been recommending to others is use WW brass (close to same volume as Lapua) then be prepared to cull some and do a little more initial case prep. We have been able to get very good accuracy and case life from WW.

WW Brass, Fed GM 215 M primer

Start with 73 gr of H-1000 and work toward 77~78 watch for pressure

In a 1 in 10 twist tube use Berger 215 Hybrid Targets seated at the lands and work back from there to tune seating depth. Mine likes -040" off the lands.

Jeff
Are you using the 215 Hybrid targets for hunting? I am getting ready to work up a new hunting load for my 300 WM and was wanting to use the 230 berger they only offer it in the target and tactical, any experience using those for hunting?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.