300 WSM AR10

It's my own design. I've got a couple cnc machines and got my type 7 FFL last summer, so I figured why not. I modeled up the receiver and machined it for testing. So far, it's performed better than I thought it would, the only feeding issues I had were related to getting it tuned properly. I always wanted to build a 300 WSM AR, but I didn't like the magazine inconsistencies. The AICS mags seemed to be the right mag to use, sturdy, no bulging and is a dual stack, single feed. I've got more parts in route to test with it, hoping to have everything ironed out soon.

It's my own design. I've got a couple cnc machines and got my type 7 FFL last summer, so I figured why not. I modeled up the receiver and machined it for testing. So far, it's performed better than I thought it would, the only feeding issues I had were related to getting it tuned properly. I always wanted to build a 300 WSM AR, but I didn't like the magazine inconsistencies. The AICS mags seemed to be the right mag to use, sturdy, no bulging and is a dual stack, single feed. I've got more parts in route to test with it, hoping to have everything ironed out soon.
Since you're Type 07, when you are ready to sell S/N 01, let me know, like 1st dibs for it.

So this is something I've been playing with:
View attachment 425991

It's chambered in 300 WSM. I'm using a AICS short action mag and it's been working out great so far (the one pictured is a 7rd mag). After getting it tuned somewhat it's feeding well, there's still some more testing and tuning I need to do though. I also have a 6.5 PRC barrel ordered, so I'm hoping for similar results.
Masczek,
Barrel length?
Gas system length?
What PSI do you think your load is at?
Bullet/powder/load combo?
Buffer weight/spring?
Thanks

Masczek,
Barrel length?
Gas system length?
What PSI do you think your load is at?
Bullet/powder/load combo?
Buffer weight/spring?
Thanks
Barrel length - 24"
Gas system length is +2 Rifle length
PSI is probably around 62,000
200gr Hornady ELD-X, 61gr of H4350
3.8 oz Aero Precision carbine buffer, Aero Precision carbine buffer spring

This combo of ammo and parts is not set in stone, I'm still experimenting with different buffers and springs. I've found that BGC stripping ammo from the AICS mags likes a heavier buffer spring for that extra umpf.

I sent an email to your business address also, man that is a next level lower. Could really change the game for production wsm class large frame autos. I'd would beta test one if you are interested. I have a couple design ideas aswell if you are interested in hearing them.

Someone needs to manufacture long action magnum receivers! I know a few companies SELL the whole gun and parts, but getting just receivers would be nice! Belted mags I think would not be the best in an auto fed gun (running the belts over and over themselves) and a beltless would be a better option. Also going double stack single fed would be a lot more smooth and better function.

I sent an email to your business address also, man that is a next level lower. Could really change the game for production wsm class large frame autos. I'd would beta test one if you are interested. I have a couple design ideas aswell if you are interested in hearing them.
I responded to your email.
Someone needs to manufacture long action magnum receivers! I know a few companies SELL the whole gun and parts, but getting just receivers would be nice! Belted mags I think would not be the best in an auto fed gun (running the belts over and over themselves) and a beltless would be a better option. Also going double stack single fed would be a lot more smooth and better function.
I'm betting that the reason they sell the whole firearm is because most of the parts are proprietary to that system.

I responded to your email.

I'm betting that the reason they sell the whole firearm is because most of the parts are proprietary to that system.
So are most of ar10's! APF uses single fed mags, so no m4 style ramps. Then you have Armilite, FAL and many others with so very few compatible parts. But still for that mfg you could get parts for a complete build and @bamban would get the gas port done right! ;)

So are most of ar10's! APF uses single fed mags, so no m4 style ramps. Then you have Armilite, FAL and many others with so very few compatible parts. But still for that mfg you could get parts for a complete build and @bamban would get the gas port done right! ;)
As we all know this entire crap show could have been fixed long ago IF they had made a standard, I.E. mil spec system for the ar10 gun. Now we all are fighting the same problems. Imagine what may have been if the ar10 had the juice that the ar15 now has....🤔😉

super interesting idea

Free bump.
Won't hijack this thread but I couldn't pm Masczek so I also sent you an email.

I just recently picked up my barrel and assembled. 7mm Sherman Short Tactical, 27" heavy profile barrel, adjustable gas block, heavy 9.3oz buffer, Aero Precision enhanced upper and lower.

Hopefully I get the chance to run a few rounds over the labradar next weekend. Will load a few 180gr ELD-Ms. Won't have glass for a little while so can't work up a load yet.

Attachments

• 20230119_195115.jpg
    20230119_195115.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 20230119_195054.jpg
    20230119_195054.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53