300 WSM AR10

Unloaded and loaded.
C1698920-7BB3-47C7-B900-6FD2CC28A612.jpeg

63F48A55-1BAF-4836-9896-2DD3BF143A00.jpeg

Have you tried doing the "front cut out" for longer coal loading? It might not bode too well with the wsm cases as it tends to make the mag sides bow out a little extra.
Yes. It's a fail.
A). It weakened the strength of the magazine causing the top to flare out.
B). If you look at follower it's tilted deeply.

This caused a lot of double feeds.
BFECB6FB-114A-41B9-BF96-34D577BE370F.jpeg

Hmmm- my last post just disappeared-- so I will re post

Your slot is way too wide
You only need to clear the tips of the bullet like in my above post pic-- ( not my pic but looks identical to my slot cut mags)

I have not done the slot with a wsm on asc mags yet but I have done it to a wsm bolt action single stack poly mag and it worked great .

I slot all my "non-conventional" caliber asc ar15 mags-- all my 308 based lr308 asc mags, and even an lr308 lancer hybrid poly/metal mag and they all work great for me. The Lancer mags aren't quite as wide internally as the asc mags due to the hybrid poly side though.

But the wsm width definitely puts more strain on the side so a double stack wsm cut out mag might not work.

Last edited:
really hate to beat a dead horse but it's been a few years since I talked about mine that I dubbed the UltraSASS.
Back in about 2010 I was able to snag an Armalite AR10 upper in 300 SAUM.
At the time, both the Armalite and DPMS patterns could be found, but were dying out quick. I did TONS of research prior and feel the WSM is a poor chose compared to the SAUM when referring to the large frame AR10 platform.

Mine was stock with a standard 12" gas tube, no adjustable gas system and standard (I did add a Tubb Flat spring) AR10 rifle length buffer system and didn't have any feeding or cycling issues HOWEVER...it was definitely over gassed with a suppressor and it ran pretty aggressive.
I was running 190 Berger VLDs right around 2900-2915 with it, and not only was it sub moa, but I took it out to a mile quite a few times.
I have an old, crappy video taking my antelope in 2012 at 931yds, center punched, pssst, flop, dead.

Since then, its sat on the shelf for years as I got more and more into precision bolt action rifles so right around 2020 I decided to tear it down and re-build into a 6.5 PRC. I've got it all assembled but as of date...I'm still trying to tune the feeding and cycling before I really finalize the build.
I opt for an 18" hand guard instead of the 12 in this picture... a +2 gas system, adjustable gas block and I have a hand full of tungsten buffer weights to get it all tuned...and I am pretty excited to start shooting it again.

300SAUM.jpg

I don't mean to thread jack here, but in post 114 Earnhardt mentioned having 458 socoms and a 450 bushmaster that did 250s at 2600 and change, and also having wsm large frame ar's.

My first question is are these 458 socoms or 450 bushmaster in a large frame ar?

And secondly, what magazines are you using if that is the case. What magazines are you using for your wsm ar's?

Va silent armory says they use LaRue mags but do not mention if any modifications have been done to it or of they are running it stock.

Thanks for your time guys

So this is something I've been playing with:
IMG_1583.JPG

It's chambered in 300 WSM. I'm using a AICS short action mag and it's been working out great so far (the one pictured is a 7rd mag). After getting it tuned somewhat it's feeding well, there's still some more testing and tuning I need to do though. I also have a 6.5 PRC barrel ordered, so I'm hoping for similar results.

So this is something I've been playing with:
View attachment 425991

It's chambered in 300 WSM. I'm using a AICS short action mag and it's been working out great so far (the one pictured is a 7rd mag). After getting it tuned somewhat it's feeding well, there's still some more testing and tuning I need to do though. I also have a 6.5 PRC barrel ordered, so I'm hoping for similar results.
That reciever, tell me about it