300 NMI Chamber Version Advice.

HuntnPack

Looking for 300 Norma Mag Improved advice for my nephew on which chamber version to consider.
Use will be Long range, 28" barrel suppressed.
Hunting / Steel / Cross Canyon, etc.
245 gr. Berger's
Need access to reamer, Dies etc.

Any advice is appreciated
Thx,
HP.

Looking for 300 Norma Mag Improved advice for my nephew on which chamber version to consider.
Use will be Long range, 28" barrel suppressed.
Hunting / Steel / Cross Canyon, etc.
245 gr. Berger's
Need access to reamer, Dies etc.

Any advice is appreciated
Thx,
HP.
I built mine last year and had Manson spec me a 40 degree Ackley version based on Lapua brass.
I really didn't want to go through the hassle of fire forming for a 33 or 35 degree shoulder.
Hornady made my dies measured from fired brass.
I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out, pm me if you want my reamer drawings

I built mine last year and had Manson spec me a 40 degree Ackley version based on Lapua brass.
I really didn't want to go through the hassle of fire forming for a 33 or 35 degree shoulder.
I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out, pm me if you want my reamer drawings
Do you have the reamer? Rent it out?

What's the difference between fireforming a 33/35° shoulder and a 40° shoulder? You are fireforming either way.