30 nosler load data

I have not on the wm 30 nos or 300 rum but I just have a problem keeping a gun long enough for that issue to present itself 😀 I'm really hoping my current 7 saum and 39-28 change that trend. It's getting too expensive to change things every couple of years... 😉

There's not much out there on the 30 nosler but lots on the 26 and 7mm.

On the 300 rum I've read as little as 700 which to me is more in line with a 7stw or nos. I've read a lot say 1000-1100 with a few saying 14-1500.

I'd say it depends greatly on the type of powder used, charge weight, cleaning and how you treat it on the bench. It will also depend on your accuracy expectations. If you have a custom rig shooting in the .2s out to 600 and expect that you may see shorter barrel life where a guy happy with .7s at 600 will see 2-300 more rounds of barrel life.

I run H1k which is a little easier on barrels and baby my rigs. I'd be happy to see it maintain .5 to 600 to around 1400 rounds.
aaaahhh.....the 7 saum is king!!!

24" Nosler Proof 9" twist H1000 87.5 gr 215 Berger @ 2.762" cbto, 0.024" OL es 7 ADG resized brass 0.002" neck tension 3,110' avg producing .2 moa 3 shot and 7 shot .38 moa.

24" Nosler Proof 9" twist H1000 84.0 gr 220 LRHT 2.790" cbto, 0.003" OL es 9 ADG resized brass 0.002" neck tension 3,025' avg producing .1-.2 moa 3 shot groups and 7 shot groups at .3-.4moa.
How much freebore on each?

No on your reamer most are .346 saami didn't know if you changed that with the freebore or left it alone

How much freebore on each?
I just put a .215 into the lands cbto went 2.892. This was with a reamer from JGS that is supposed to be .200?
Checked the go/no go all is in spec. Placed another Berger next to it and it shows to be right at if not just slightly above the case neck junction for the top of the boat tail.

I just put a .215 into the lands cbto went 2.892. This was with a reamer from JGS that is supposed to be .200?
Checked the go/no go all is in spec. Placed another Berger next to it and it shows to be right at if not just slightly above the case neck junction for the top of the boat tail.
You got me to wondering so I went out to the shop and measured my two nosler reamers and they are .140" FB's. So that would line up with my COAL's on those two.

The third one that I borrowed a reamer was for the 230 hybrids. It's a barrel for a Zeus action and it is a .180" FB's.

Had to be thinking of my 300 prc reamer. It's a .200 FB.

Still yours sounds either a little long or mine a little short.

You got me to wondering so I went out to the shop and measured my two nosler reamers and they are .140" FB's. So that would line up with my COAL's on those two.

The third one that I borrowed a reamer was for the 230 hybrids. It's a barrel for a Zeus action and it is a .180" FB's.

Had to be thinking of my 300 prc reamer. It's a .200 FB.

Still yours sounds either a little long or mine a little short.
If I remember correctly the person doing the chamber stated it was the reamer dimension plus one. That would make it .792 if it was minus one. But again I would need to visit with the smith. again as stated the go no go checked out. I had it chambered with Altus Precision. When I get my powders together I will see if it will shoot. What cbto are the 215 at .225?