264 win mag vs. 7mm rem mag

264 win mag or 7mm mag

• Total voters
Not everyone is dumb here in Montana! I got it figured out! Me gots a gun that shoots 160 grain matrix 6.5 caliber bullets at 4250 fps. I use Reloader 2400 short cut powder! Me gets them bullets way out there to make my case capacity similar to a 50bmg, but the case is a 2.5 inch belted magnum that I machine the base down to .475". With the smaller case head i can use the extremely strong falling block action! She is a real shooter but the next one I build I will make with a longer barrel, something in that 18" range for more better velocination!

Oh and for some factual infornication the wolves were howling just south of Gardiner MT just across the line!
"Spotter ready!"

I can tell yer smarter than me :) 4250 fps.... is that all?

I need to get over there and put the smack on some mutts!

And you are glad he is on this site?

Look ,,if you stop and look back on many different threads how you and a few others just disrespect, bad mouth, rip apart what someone else says that disagrees with you,,,it was easy to post what I did...You are obsessed with NOT allowing people to respectfully disagree.. Words like senile,,beligerant,,anal, just to name a few are all to frequent ...You seem to think that everyone must prove what they say or it is bull$$it...Wrong a mans word should be good enough.. Many have been harshly criticized ,, myself included because we disagree with what you and Broz and others say...When a guy like Phorwath lets loose like he did ,I had to agree with him ..
I do not know ,, Idaho elk hunter ,, any more than I know you ..What he posted was a bit Harsh but I,am sure he was at his breaking point. Once again I will say you have me pegged wrong , but the big difference is I have always tried to help people without being offensive.. Funny thing is even with all this ******** I would still sit down and have a beer with anyone of you guys and buy the drinks. (( Without Restrictions )) ..So I will tell you the same thing I told Broz I will respect your post if you respect mine but I will not sit back and watch you guys tear up another members *** ,, mine included and not shoot back.gun)

Look ,,if you stop and look back on many different threads how you and a few others just disrespect, bad mouth, rip apart what someone else says that disagrees with you,,,it was easy to post what I did...You are obsessed with NOT allowing people to respectfully disagree.. Words like senile,,beligerant,,anal, just to name a few are all to frequent ...You seem to think that everyone must prove what they say or it is bull$$it...Wrong a mans word should be good enough.. Many have been harshly criticized ,, myself included because we disagree with what you and Broz and others say...When a guy like Phorwath lets loose like he did ,I had to agree with him ..
I do not know ,, Idaho elk hunter ,, any more than I know you ..What he posted was a bit Harsh but I,am sure he was at his breaking point. Once again I will say you have me pegged wrong , but the big difference is I have always tried to help people without being offensive.. Funny thing is even with all this ******** I would still sit down and have a beer with anyone of you guys and buy the drinks. (( Without Restrictions )) ..So I will tell you the same thing I told Broz I will respect your post if you respect mine but I will not sit back and watch you guys tear up another members *** ,, mine included and not shoot back.gun)

No, you have me wrong and I will not speak for Broz as he can speak for himself. Show me one post that I ever made that was personally disrespectful to anyone in this forum. Show me one post where I ever called anyone a name or talked about their intelligence or family members. If you find any, I will apologize, but to the best of my memory I can not think of one because I make it a point not to get "personal"... whereas this idaho elk hunter person has gotten personal on several occasions and Lazz and I'll be glad to cite numerous quotes.

Yes, I get into some hot debates... welcome to internet forums. Debate can be done within reasonable boundaries of respect. Just because I disagree with someone doesn't mean I am being disrespectful... and sorry, a man's word is not good enough unless I know him. I've seen all kind of BS posted on this site and others and when I see it I'll call BS, and that's not not being disrespectful, that's calling a spade a spade and when someone tells me that they are pushing 180 bullet to 3250 fps with 76 gr of powder, and that a 7 RM can "out pound" a 300 WM, among other things, I'm gonna call ********!

Last edited:
I choose the 7mag due to; availability convenience, durability, choices, barrel life, ballistics, heavier/bigger bullets. And most important because I already have them with lots of brass. gun)

No, you have me wrong and I will not speak for Broz as he can speak for himself. Show me one post that I ever made that was personally disrespectful to anyone in this forum. Show me one post where I ever called anyone a name or talked about their intelligence or family members. If you find any, I will apologize, but to the best of my memory I can not think of one because I make it a point not to get "personal"... whereas this idaho elk hunter person has gotten personal on several occasions and Lazz and I'll be glad to cite numerous quotes.

Yes, I get into some hot debates... welcome to internet forums. Debate can be done within reasonable boundaries of respect. Just because I disagree with someone doesn't mean I am being disrespectful... and sorry, a man's word is not good enough unless I know him. I've seen all kind of BS posted on this site and others and when I see it I'll call BS, and that's not not being disrespectful, that's calling a spade a spade and when someone tells me that they are pushing 180 bullet to 3250 fps with 76 gr of powder, and that a 7 RM can "out pound" a 300 WM, among other things, I'm gonna call ********!

That's just it.. You do not just disagree ,,its your way or not at all and that's how you come across to a lot of people .

IS EVERYONE IN MONTANA THIS IGNORANT? Montanarifleman your just a know it all. Doubting Thomas. Check Load Data site for verification. You guys think you know it but you don't get it?:) I FIGURED IT OUT,,YOUR MOM AND SISTER MUST BE THE SAMElightbulb
Personally, the biggest problem I have is people who post irresponsible bull like extremely overpressure situations online and then tear into anyone who dares to differ.
Getting into your spirit though, I'll never live in Monta'a'ana onless I get some really good Velcro gloves and one of those new whiz bang rifles i.e.h. is peddling. It might make it to 3 shots before it blows.

Seriously time to drop it though as you are looking more and more the fool. You can load hot for a while before it bites you, but it will, and when it does where will be a resounding "told ya so" in the event you actually live through it. I just hope you don't blow up a client playing with fire like that; 3300 fps with a 180 from a 7rem is not something I'd let someone touch off within 50 yards of me, throating and barrel length be damned.

Why is a guy with under 6 months on the board attacking people for being "bronze" members? Why are you attacking people from Montana in general. You don't know me or what I know or who I am. Be cautious of who you say things to as you never know who is on the other side of a screen name. But I digress...

I chose the .264 Win Mag because I own one and it is a round made for the Winchester Model 70 of which I love and have several of. My 264 Win Mag carries the same accuracy as my 300 Win Mag in the rifles I own and shoot along with having almost the exact same trajectory path using the rounds I have chosen for my go to rounds. I think there is a place and time for each round and that each round has it's "supporter club" but for my money I would choose the 243 Win and the 300 Win Mag over the the 264 Win Mag and 7 Rem Mag any day. This is because these are the rounds I am most comfortable with and have the most trigger time with.

Jay

Why is a guy with under 6 months on the board attacking people for being "bronze" members? Why are you attacking people from Montana in general. You don't know me or what I know or who I am. Be cautious of who you say things to as you never know who is on the other side of a screen name. But I digress...

I chose the .264 Win Mag because I own one and it is a round made for the Winchester Model 70 of which I love and have several of. My 264 Win Mag carries the same accuracy as my 300 Win Mag in the rifles I own and shoot along with having almost the exact same trajectory path using the rounds I have chosen for my go to rounds. I think there is a place and time for each round and that each round has it's "supporter club" but for my money I would choose the 243 Win and the 300 Win Mag over the the 264 Win Mag and 7 Rem Mag any day. This is because these are the rounds I am most comfortable with and have the most trigger time with.

Jay
Just a tease on the Montana thing... Idaho is worse...:D:D They say that of N.D. too, btw..
Seriously, though, a small, middle, big battery is one of the easiest ways to get about anything possible done with a rifle and you could do a lot worse than 243, 300win, and 375h@h. I've owned all three and have two of three at present. My 243 went down the river for an AR when the last idiot got the whitehouse but I still have a 25wssm, which fills the bill for a small pretty well. Any of the larger 6.5 to 7mm rifles could replace the 30 for most stuff.

I chose the 7mm because I think that size and shape powder column is better suited to the 7mm bore. The relative powder capacity, the percentage of case fill, and current powder burn rates favor the 7mm.

The 7mm is also castrated in all the reloading manuals.

Just finished a custom build for a customer this morning. I built it on a Remington Long action. I rarely use Remington's and have been known to actually refuse to use these actions. But the customer insisted and paid extra. I went out and shot the full load developments this morning and this is what I came up with. Long Remington action ( original a 8mm Rem) Custom Wyatt extended box mag. Bartlien 28 in Barrel progressive twist or t style rifling. Final twist rate 1 in 8.65. Left hand twist. 5R RIFLING. 175gr LR Accubond. 180 Berger would also work. Win Mag primer. Bullet seated way out! I am not going to give all info, this is what I get paid for. I use Retumbo exclusively for the heavy 7mm bullets. Lets say somewhat over 76 gr of powder. Bullet moly coated. Brake is of my own manufacture. etc. 3275 fps! This OUT POUNDS all 300 win mags that you or Broz claim to do. The form factor on the 7mm just out does the 30 cal. But I don't expect you to understand form factor. Some just argue. I like all calibers. but at the end of the day the 7mm and the 338 are superior calibers for North American game when it comes to long range. Go crawl in you cave and know that the real people that are not internet warriors are laughing at you. ( Brian Litz, John Lazzeroni, Myself and the rest of the educated world):)

wondering if you would you share the case volume in grains of water filled to overlfowing?
and what cartridge that 7mm build is chambered for?