2024 Wyoming non-resident rules…confusing?

motopilot336

Maybe I'm reading into it too much or I'm just an idiot. But not sure what the new 2024 rules are other than 3 distinct areas for non-resident elk hunts/tag. My plan is/ was to hunt the eastern non-resident area Unit 16 "Gun" Cow tag…I'm a meat hunter only…just looking to fill my freezer And enjoy the hunt and outdoors. I've been successful the last 2 year just trying to figure out if or what has changed. Thanks in advance.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much or I'm just an idiot. But not sure what the new 2024 rules are other than 3 distinct areas for non-resident elk hunts/tag. My plan is/ was to hunt the eastern non-resident area Unit 16 "Gun" Cow tag…I'm a meat hunter only…just looking to fill my freezer And enjoy the hunt and outdoors. I've been successful the last 2 year just trying to figure out if or what has changed. Thanks in advance.

Yes they are…..you darn near need a good attorney to help you through the regulations. He has to be good though, to work through the confusion that the Wyo. G&F seems to intentionally put into the regulations. memtb

its 3 regions this year. If your in the mountain, your basically applying for the western unit area. Units are still general.