2024 Mule Deer Hunt - Need outfitters

Look into Canada as long as you don't have any DUI you won't get in
That is not true, ive got 2 friends who go to Canada to hunt both with DUI's but not recent, they may make you buy like an ins. it depends on the border agent.
If they ask do not lie because they already know and that's what there waiting for to see if your telling the truth.

A guy I went to school with has hunted Mexico for many years but will not go after last years experience.Go with the same guide and last year were robbed entering a few gates were robbed, zipped tied, and left in the desert.Inside job ?Not sure but scary-he speaks fluent Spanish and didn't hear anything that would lead him to believe the guide had anything to do with it.
Canada is on my list

A guy I went to school with has hunted Mexico for many years but will not go after last years experience.Go with the same guide and last year were robbed entering a few gates were robbed, zipped tied, and left in the desert.Inside job ?Not sure but scary-he speaks fluent Spanish and didn't hear anything that would lead him to believe the guide had anything to do with it.
Canada is on my list
This isn't the first time I've heard of a story like this.
The one I heard about WAS an inside job.
Best advice? Never be far from your weapon! Their story claims that quick- access to their rifles saved them. Their prepaid hunt was abandoned.

My opinion, you might be able to accomplish what you're wanting if you knock 20" off your score or double your price.

I've hunted axis with this group on 4 hunts and Mike might have something but he will at least shoot you straight on expectations. West Texas Hunt Organization…I've hunted with 3 of his guides plus once with him…I'd hunt with any of them again. Good group and outfit.

I hope you find what you're after.

Last edited:
Looking for an outfitter to plan a fully guided Mule Deer hunt for 2024. Need OTC tag for said mule deer. Looking to shoot a trophy mule deer 170" or larger. I do not currently have any points in any state. Looking to spend $7500+/- for the hunt, lodging, meals. Airfare, license, tag, taxidermy, tip, etc. not included in this figure. Will be a solo trip.

I have no real preference on state. I am use to hunting whitetails on flat land in DE/MD so would be nice to hunt in some elevation (nothing extreme) but I'm impartial.

Thanks in advance.
Flowing Springs Ranch Outfitter in Idaho can help ya out. I've guided for him and he's a good friend. He gets it done.

At $7500 your sort of limited without a public land draw tag. $7500 will cover a good guide fee and lodging however. I would look at eastern CO on private ground. Or dig a little deeper 10/11k and go to Alberta. Mule deer is along term points game or buying expensive landowner tags or some of both. I struck out this year in deer draws so I bought a unit wide landowner tag, not cheap.