Mule deer outfitter?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Daniel Garmon, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Daniel Garmon

Daniel Garmon Member

We all know how hard it is to draw tags these days, so I'm thinking of going with an outfitter for " Trophy Mule Deer" ? Ive been killing bucks since 1965 and yet have been able to take a giant Mule deer buck. Do any of you recommend a outfitter that will be able to put me on a good buck? I know it's hunting but would like to stack the deck in my favor,I'm 62 and not getting any younger. So if anyone knows a a reputable outfitter with good land to hunt and landowner tags please share some info it will be greatly appreciated........Dan

2. snookntarpon

snookntarpon Well-Known Member

I have a great one I can highly recommend. PM me and I will get you his info. BIG deer come at a steep price, but he has BIG deer.
    SnT

3. mtmuley

mtmuley Well-Known Member

I can recommend one in Montana. PM me. mtmuley

4. bogey

bogey Member

Killed a 220 last year with Scott limmer, Comanche wilderness outfitters

Scott sells his hunts at 180+ , kill a bunch bigger each year and a handful over 200.

5. SansSouci

SansSouci Well-Known Member

Good Morning, Daniel,

I've yet to kill a trophy mule deer. I've seen 'em. But getting a shot at one is another story.

My advice is to go limited entry regions. But this would take years.

I have a bunch of bonus points and keep applying for the Henrys. I've yet to see a tag in the mail.

I'm not much younger than you. If I'm not drawn for the Henrys within the next two years, I'm gonna apply for another area that ain't too far away. It has huge bucks, but not Henrys class bucks.

You're wise going with an outfitter. For what will in essence be a once-in-a-lifetime hunt, an outfitter is the way to go.

Once you're drawn for a mule deer area, my advice is to go with a local outfitter as opposed to an outfit that hunts many states and regions. Do a lot of research before contracting with an outfitter.

I hope you kill a monster muley.

6. 7mmpredator

7mmpredator Well-Known Member

Give Rob Wiley a call. Non-Typical Outfitters. You will need 5 or 6 WY points but you'll have a shot at a big one!