2024 AZ elk draw

They posted it now. I got cow elk in 17A, 17B, 18B, 19B, 20A, and 20C. I live in 17B. Any advice on finding elk in the pinons and junipers? Checking out stock tanks for tracks is all I can figure.
I drew a cow/bull tag in 2020 for that area hunted hard for 6 days straight finally spotted a rag horn it's a tough area to find elk this is where I found mine

IMG_0414.png

They posted it now. I got cow elk in 17A, 17B, 18B, 19B, 20A, and 20C. I live in 17B. Any advice on finding elk in the pinons and junipers? Checking out stock tanks for tracks is all I can figure.
I was just in 17B on the youth javelina hunt with my sons.

I once was coyote calling and ran into a guy with that tag that was scouting for the upcoming season. He was in an area that I've never seen an elk in and I've spent lots of time in 17B and 20A. I told him there's a 99% chance he'll never find an elk as low as he was. I would focus on the very highest elevations in those units which I'm guessing would be the north end of 20A?

I've never seen any elk in 20A but I'll admit that I've spent all my time in the southern part of that unit.

And your telling me that living near any one of them you wouldn't happen to know of some water sources or where the elk hang out?

And your telling me that living near any one of them you wouldn't happen to know of some water sources or where the elk hang out?
Apparently you're not familiar with AZ. That's also a limited opportunity tag(not many elk) he drew. So do you know where all the water sources are in Indiana that Whitetail frequent? Guys just asking for some help and you've got to dawg him for asking for some advice of an area about the size of your entire state of Indiana. I'm sure he knows where some of them are but what's wrong with asking for some extra help. Isn't that what this forum is for, helping each other out? Getting some advice, sharing advice and experiences, results.

What I'm saying is living in one of those units and having public access to them out of ALL that land he should have an idea where some of the water sources are.
I didn't say ALL.
And yes I know AZ. used to live there.
And in Indiana we don't have to worry about water sources, Indiana is something like 90% private land so wouldn't make a difference whether I did or not.

Thank you for your support and advice. As a partially disabled vet, it's harder to get into remote areas than it was 30 years ago. I remember where I have seen elk in 17A, 17B, and 19B. Unfortunately, those on 17A and 17B have been on private ranch land with no hunting. A few ranches do allow hunting if I have an extra $3000 to spend. I have thought about seeing if they want to trade sweat and labor for access.
Those elk I have seen in 19B are usually dead on Hwy 89 bordering Unit 8 in an area so thick with juniper that a hunter can't see 50 feet in any direction. I just saw a dead cow this morning by the Drake overpass on my way to Flagstaff.
I will focus on natural springs I see on topo maps as most tanks are dry.

I had that same tag. You can target the cows as they enter and exit the private at Yolo Ranch. I found my biggest set and single shed ever in 17A as well.
I went out to the east side of the Yolo Sunday looking for sign. The area looked perfect but it also had many camp spots so I assume in mid-October it will be full of campers enjoying the fall weather.