2024 AZ elk draw

I moved to AZ in 04 and it took 8 years to draw a elk tag . After the first tag it got easier as you learn how to play the odds . I've been drawn in 2012,14,15,16,20,and 22 . Some archery ,general,and muzzleloader. Archery is usually a tough draw unless it's late hunts with terrible success rates . The general is just a tough draw especially if your after a bull tag . Remember you can't eat the horns! If your after a bull the muzzleloader hunts can be your best option depending on unit . There are the trophy unit hard to draw tags . But there are good elk in most units if you are willing to work for them. Best advice get you hunter safety bonus points and then keep putting in and get the loyalty points then even after you draw you start back at 2 points not zero or 1 .

I moved to AZ in 04 and it took 8 years to draw a elk tag . After the first tag it got easier as you learn how to play the odds . I've been drawn in 2012,14,15,16,20,and 22 . Some archery ,general,and muzzleloader. Archery is usually a tough draw unless it's late hunts with terrible success rates . The general is just a tough draw especially if your after a bull tag . Remember you can't eat the horns! If your after a bull the muzzleloader hunts can be your best option depending on unit . There are the trophy unit hard to draw tags . But there are good elk in most units if you are willing to work for them. Best advice get you hunter safety bonus points and then keep putting in and get the loyalty points then even after you draw you start back at 2 points not zero or 1 .
I'll second this. It is extremely popular hunt and the world knows it. My buddy waited 8 years for an archery cow tag, having given up on bull choices.