2 more days

season opens here in Ar saturday ...cant wait...got about 15 big gobblers patterned pretty well .hoping to let the mossberg scream bright and early sat morn ...any other states open this weekend?

We started Wednesday. Got one in camp so far.
The old timer still hunts with a Winchester Ranger 140, so he has to shoot 2 ¾" shells. He patterned with Hevi-Shot Duck loads in #7.5. Took his turkey at 45 yards with a Jelly Head .660 choke.

Virginia opens this Saturday. Been hunting Tennessee the past 2 weeks. Got 2 so far. It's been nasty weather here for the last week, but the birds were way ahead of schedule before that. Good luck Sat.

Holy cow our season started back in March I couldnt imagine hunting Turkeys in the middle of May, its already mid 80 here in Florida.

I've hunted Florida a few times. It's nice to start that early. It's just got so expensive for non residents there and my hunting place got sold. Been thinking about going one more time and trying to finish my wife's Slam. Thinking of looking a green swamp WMA, but that's in the middle of the state and doesn't open until mid march i think.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts