1st hog down in NC

nal3470

Finally killed my first hog 245lb boar hunted this lil 48 acre property for 10 yr this was 1st yr with hogs...lil accurized model seven 243 done the job with sst hornady

Attachments

• IMG952729.jpg
    IMG952729.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG952730.jpg
    IMG952730.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 20181223_140714.jpg
    20181223_140714.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 305
Thanks guys ...yeah they have slowed my whitetail movement down a bit but hey fun to seem em go down as well

Nice job. Last year, I went hunting a couple times down near Rockingham and only saw one group over a couple days of hunting. I ended up going to Georgia to get some hogs.

If you need more hogs, I can send you some from Texas, we are overrun with them!

I seriously hunt them on my place near Columbus, TX and can't seem to put a dent in the increasing numbers.

Sorry, need more posts before I can add picture links.

What gun and bullet?
Nice hog. Those things are my favorite animals to hunt. Most people think I'm crazy as I've had trophy animals in range and glassing when I have seen pigs and they get it instead. Guides in Texas think I'm crazy but hogs are my favorite thing ever to hunt

I used a Les Baer Ultimate AR chambered in 223 with Hog Hammer Ammo (62 grain Barnes TSX bullet) and Gemtech ONE Suppressor for this hog.

I think Remington may not be making the Hog Hammer ammo any longer but I stocked up on some when they did.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.