German Claw Mounts

Am in touch with them. Trying to get an upper mount set that could hold a Picatinny rail. Not working out. I may have to send the barrel so they can fit it. Takes a lot of machine work.

It would seem to me that I could have a front claw mount with a ring and similar rear mount, still trying. Reaching out to people in Slovenia, Germany and Hungary. Breakopen guns are popular in Europe and claw mounts may need to be fitted to each gun.

But may work anyhow. I can pay the price ($500-$1000) IF they would work out on my gun, but if not, they have a questionable return policy.

Currently, present mounts have dovetail on scope. See picture. Maybe a modern scope (in Europe) could fit my bases. It seems this SHOULD work, somehow.
They still sell new scopes with the LM dovetail, although not very many. Most have gone to the LZ or ring mounts.

My body shudders at the thought of removing or modifying factory claw mounts. Pony up big bucks and do it right, or by another gun and leave this one as is. This is of course my personal preference. It's your gun and your money.
The swing off mounts are what a lot of the Europeans are going to, as it is cheaper and they can switch scopes either between guns, or different scopes for the same gun, depending on what they are doing. The swing off mounts are considered a ethical improvement, as long as it isn't on a pre war antique and even then, depending on what it is.

I have had several rifles with these mounts (shut) in Europe. They are usually fitted by gunsmiths. The more modern ones have rings around the objective bell and main tube of the scope and those attach to the receptacles on the receiver/barrel.
Or you can try something like this, and combine it with a modern Zeiss, SB, Swarovski or Kahles scope with a rail.

I have had several rifles with these mounts (shut) in Europe. They are usually fitted by gunsmiths. The more modern ones have rings around the objective bell and main tube of the scope and those attach to the receptacles on the receiver/barrel.
Or you can try something like this, and combine it with a modern Zeiss, SB, Swarovski or Kahles scope with a rail.
Looks like a Weaver base? Is there a rear mount as well? This looks very good to me.

Is there a rear mount? This way I could have Weaver rings to mount my scope.