ZEISS Conquest V4 on Magnums Calibers

twt17

I put a ZEISS Conquest V4 6-24x50 on a X-Bolt in 300wsm. It seems to shoot well, then gets off zero after 5-10 rounds by a few inches. I have re-zeroed several times. Ammo is good and consistent. I've checked seval times. Lucky I caught the issue early and haven't taken the rifle in the field to loose any animals with. It has been very frustrating and it's gotten to the point where I don't want to waste the powder shooting at paper over and over again.

Does anyone have any experience with this scope on a magnum caliber? I'm thinking that it just can't handle the recoil, even though I think it should. I don't think it's the gun because it always has grouped well.

I had a Conquest V4 on a Tikka 300 Win Mag for several years and never had an issue. What mounts are you using? Are you using a torque wrench when mounting? Did you degrease the screws?

I've got one on a 25sst (saum parent cartridge) and it's held zero for a couple years and tracked great. Any scope can fail so I'm not ruling that out but I second the suggestion of running through the mounting hardware once more before condemning it and sending it in.

I did check torque on rings and bases. I also lapped the rings a few months ago. I don't think they're the issue.

I've been lucky enough to never have to send something back to a manufacturer and didn't even think of doing that with this scope. I might go that route. It's not doing any good sitting in the safe so it's not like I'd be missing it!

From what I've heard from a few people, zeiss is pretty easy to deal with on the customer service end. I'd give them a call or send an email explaining your troubles. Mine isn't my favorite scope but I bought it as a demo and for the price point, it hasn't been a disappointment so I'd say it's worth getting fixed.