Yellowstone’s Grizzly #399 Killed

Critters die, that's part of living, we can't really believe she'd live forever to foster feelings for a Disney land utopia. They die in all sorts of ways, this bear just happened to get hit by a car. If we're going to comment on people's driving that's a whole nother rabbit hole to go down. There's plenty more to replace her I wouldn't get too worked up.
^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^
Not where I live. I see a lot of pronghorn, deer and elk on my 145 mile drive to work and home. Of course when the grizzlies make their way to my section of the state that will probably end.
thanks Red. That is an excellent point.

I have read a few of the articles written about this incident. One article's title actually used the term mowed down in reference to the accident. The people that left comments were ridiculous. They should have not been driving that fast or if everyone just took the bus to drive around the parks...I wish people who don't live out here would just keep their opinions to them selves until they get the whole story. The bear was not in any national park, nor anywhere close to one. Generally people don't want to hit wildlife...causes lots of damage...can't imagine what hitting a bear would be like... nor do i want to find out...
So, I googled car hit bear. I then hit images. There were a few images of some pretty messed up cars. Good point.

Montana's tracking of grizzlies killed indicates about half were by department personnel for livestock depredation.

In another article authorities couldn't understand why so many incidents were occurring.

Well lets see, decreased prey species from other predators, increased number of bears, age class of bear population. Bears are wandering farther to establish territories, and maintain nutrition. No surprise they get hit on highway.

Speeding tourists/residents is a very small factor in overall bear mortality. The trains get a bunch as well.

Recent Posts