Xp100 rebuild

EarlJr

In the process of rebuilding the first xp I bought. Didn't care for the 308 barrel or the way it shot so I went down the 6.5 creedmoor rabbit hole. The biggest reason with the choice was ammo availability. I want something I can pick up quality ammunition for just about anywhere. Got the final piece of the puzzle ordered and got a call from the maker. If you've never dealt with Mike Dewey you're missing out. The man generally cares about the product he sends out and the safety of the folks using it. His concern was me using his trigger in a hunting rig. After explaining my situation with my hands and assuring him of how I handle and carry my specialty pistol we came to an agreement, even going to try and add a little weight to the trigger pull. Heck of a guy, and this will make the second one of his trigger in one of my rigs with a third to come.

Attachments

• IMG_6637.jpeg
    IMG_6637.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_6501.jpeg
    IMG_6501.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 148
Ok, let's keep in mind that I shake like a leaf and have some pretty bad problems with my hands to the point I won't shoot full loads in my .44 mag super black hawk because I'm afraid of it coming out of my grip.

4 targets, 5 shooting positions 100 yards left hand shooter. The bull is the size of a quarter. First picture off bipod with rear Caldwell bag, the 2 outer shots were an attempt at a modified creedmoor. I definitely won't be shooting that way at game I'm to fat and couldn't get stable. Second picture off bipod laying prone in an obtuse angle. 3rd picture same set up with the gun but laying in a right angle. 4th picture supposed off a tree limb. Last 2 were only 2 shots each. Shots are pretty crap but with all factors considered and relearning a gun I really wasn't pleased with before I'll take it for now. All And all I love shooting this thing and can't wait until my new trigger gets here.

Attachments

• IMG_6670.jpeg
    IMG_6670.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6671.jpeg
    IMG_6671.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6672.jpeg
    IMG_6672.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6673.jpeg
    IMG_6673.jpeg