• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB Weatherby 338-06

I never found one for sale. Building one from a Mauser action, Green mountain barrel, (probably Boyds stock) and Timney trigger. ... a couple years ago I found two both in the $2K range.

Thank you. I would really like the Tan/black version
Have Bell and Carlson paint the stock then.

You will be waiting a long time if you are picky about color, and the one on GB ending tomorrow is currently at a great price. Seller has dies available for the 338-06AI too, so you can get a package deal.

No affiliation with the seller. I was inquiring about it for my hunting buddy.

I have used Bell & Carlson to repaint stocks in the past. They do a great job and are a pleasure to work with. I am not interested in the one on Gunbroker. I don't think the gun started out life as an ultralight in 338-06 A squared.

I have used Bell & Carlson to repaint stocks in the past. They do a great job and are a pleasure to work with. I am not interested in the one on Gunbroker. I don't think the gun started out life as an ultralight in 338-06 A squared.
The barrel still says 338-06 A-Sq, and that's for sure an Ultralightweight. It looks just like two we have.
Owner told me he had a gunsmith rechamber it to the AI version.

Recent Posts