Would you rather

I'd go for all of the above!

Right now I'm hunting with Crimson Trace Hardline, a pair of Vortex Raptors, and an off name rangefinder from Amazon.
Spotter is a Celestron C70 Mini Mak.

All of them work for my uses, but better quality is just that.

Since i have the rangefinder, the rangefinder binoculars aren't needed.
But I do see where they would prove useful.

I’m in this conundrum now. Deciding on alpha binos or alpha bino rangefinder.

The biggest issue I have is the tech advancements with the latter. If you buy a pair they could be obsolete in the next year or two. But…the new units that tell you all you need ballistically is pretty cool.

I WAS in the same position until last weekend when I purchased a set of NL Pures from a member on this forum.

I evaluated my needs and determined I spend way more time glassing being a hunter and less of a target shooter, which means importance in low light conditions is paramount…make or break opportunity for a shot. I am not so sure a combo rangefinder,Bino can do that as well, however I have read good reviews on the Revic product…still not alpha glass though. Also, as mentioned if the electronics go then your left with a “so so” set of optics if they cant be repaired or out of warranty.

With that being said, I am happy with my choice and now researching the best rangefinder that will compliment my choice in this decision…Sig or Revic.

Of the two, I think I'd go with the NL Pures and a separate RF such as the Revic. Call me a creature of habit, but that's the only way I've done it (although I don't have the NL Pures... yet). My brother has the Revic binos and they were definitely nice, but I just didn't find them super comfortable to be behind for a long time.

I’m in this conundrum now. Deciding on alpha binos or alpha bino rangefinder.

The biggest issue I have is the tech advancements with the latter. If you buy a pair they could be obsolete in the next year or two. But…the new units that tell you all you need ballistically is pretty cool.
That and for some like the Revic the warranty period is not too appealing for the consumer.

That and for some like the Revic the warranty period is not too appealing for the consumer.
I think I’m leaning towards alpha binos that will last a long time with no tech woes. I have a nice leica range finder that gives ranges and calculated ranges with slope. I think this will be good enough for me.

In the meantime, I can wait for the tech to solidify in these devices.

I hunt thick areas with a variance of ranges. I carried Pures and EL Ranges. Pures were better glass, but I still only used the EL Range as if I saw a target, I could immediately range and go to my scope. I missed opportunities and coyotes and one nice buck going from Pures to range finder, so I sold the Pures. For my style of hunting, the EL Range TA works best for me.

Thanks for the replies, I asked the question because as of right now I have an older pair of SLC 10x42s that I've had for 30+ years and a BR2500 rangefinder that has been amazing on all of my ballistic calculations, but I'm thinking it's time to upgrade and I really like the NL Pures but for a few hundred more dollars I can buy the EL Range TA and only have to pack one piece of equipment and cut a little weight, still on the fence for which way I'm going to end up going but I'm still thinking the Pures and keeping the BR2500 rangefinder

Thanks for the replies, I asked the question because as of right now I have an older pair of SLC 10x42s that I've had for 30+ years and a BR2500 rangefinder that has been amazing on all of my ballistic calculations, but I'm thinking it's time to upgrade and I really like the NL Pures but for a few hundred more dollars I can buy the EL Range TA and only have to pack one piece of equipment and cut a little weight, still on the fence for which way I'm going to end up going but I'm still thinking the Pures and keeping the BR2500 rangefinder
I don’t think you could go wrong just getting a pair of NL pures.

I had a pair of Leica rangefinder binos and also the newer Zeiss models. Sold both and bought a pair of NL pures and I’m using a handheld Leica rangefinder in a small pouch next to my NL’s. Until they come out with binos that are as good as the NL’s with rangefinding capabilities I’ll be using separate units. Normally if game is within 300yds I don’t need to be nearly as accurate with a rangefinder and you can gauge distance fairly easily. Also, I will add that the NL’s are one of the best investments in a hunting tool I’ve purchased to date - they are spectacular!

I had a pair of Leica rangefinder binos and also the newer Zeiss models. Sold both and bought a pair of NL pures and I’m using a handheld Leica rangefinder in a small pouch next to my NL’s. Until they come out with binos that are as good as the NL’s with rangefinding capabilities I’ll be using separate units. Normally if game is within 300yds I don’t need to be nearly as accurate with a rangefinder and you can gauge distance fairly easily. Also, I will add that the NL’s are one of the best investments in a hunting tool I’ve purchased to date - they are spectacular!
Exactly what he said.

I do believe that one day you will see alpha glass and Rangefinding capabilities in one instrument since the need is being expressed by the hunters and shooters. When? Who knows, but I don’t think it is that far off.

20230908_084558.jpg

Recent Posts