WOOX Stocks

Nice piece of kit for sure. Even personal engraving. The venerable 264 Win. :cool: Now you gotta tell us about the build as you put it together and get her shootin. Have a good idea what you're going to feed it and have no doubts it's gonna be at warp speed.
Savage 110 with all the goodies, 26" 9 Twist Varmint contour Shaw tube ( All Blued), Luepold VXIII 3.3-10X50.
Gonna run the 102 Afterburners in this rig

I put a Woox Exactus on my 25 CM build a couple years ago. I really like it, but I have had a couple issues with it. During the first time out shooting the rifle, the butt stock developed a crack in it. It was caused by the grain of the wood, not by anything that Woox did, other than choosing a bad piece of wood. They sent me a replacement free of charge.

I also noticed that the fore end developed up & down movement in it when mounted on my tri-pod. After taking the stock apart, I noticed that IMO, the way the fore end mount is secured to the main chassis leaves a lot to be desired from an engineering stand point. The mounting screws are on the side of the rail, and should be on the top or bottom in order to keep it from moving. Plus, there is a sloppy fit between the two parts, instead of having a nice tight machined fit.
I was going to drill and tap it vertically, and use a set screw to keep in place, but decided to just use some Loctite cylinder sleeve retaining compound to just hold everything in place once it set up.

Everything is great with the Woox chassis now!

Y8Xm2v6.jpg

I built one for my Dad a couple months back. Weatherby Vanguard Cerakoted midnight bronze, PBB #3 spiral fluted 1:8 twist, MBM titanium brake. Shooting 148gr Hammers chambered in 270 Sherman. Despite being 11lbs scoped, it looks amazing and shoots just as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2979.jpg
    IMG_2979.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 3

Recent Posts