Winter Elk 2022 Alberta

Alberta Wexit

Just back from late season antlerless elk hunt. Lots of snow this girl laying in just over two feet. Rifle Sako M995 in 7mm STW. Not a long shot. looking at the exit wound 160 gr Nosler partition 3300fps. Lots of fun. So glad to have mys cousin there with quad on tracks worked well to bring her out. Sure breaks up the winter doldrums.

Attachments

• 2022 Winter Elk.jpg
    2022 Winter Elk.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Congrats on the nice cow! Hunting in 2 feet of snow sounds like extra work. Is it fair to assume you use snow shoes to get around?

I did use snow shoes the other day. Snow shoes good on the open but in scrub bush etc. can be nasty. Great to get to an area if your going to be waiting on animals. I have two sets prefer the new style aluminum frame ones to a set of originals with bears paw style and leather bindings. I find the newer model easier to get on and off.

Congrats all around,that's fine dining right there , nothing like teamwork and you can't beat hunting with your cousins, also congrats on your STW in 995 ,that's an Awesome rifle . I've had 3 different mfgers in 7STW one md/75 ss/synthetic one rechambered 700 Remington,& one md 70 new claw style bolt action , thks for posting and story ,Cheers 😆🍻🦌

Recent Posts