Winchester xpr 7 rem mag

JamesWilson5

Thinking about purchasing a winchester xpr 7mm rem mag . How good is the accuracy of those rifle. I have never had a winchester rifle any info greatly appreciated.

From the reviews I've read they seem pretty accurate. I think they mimic the Tikka to a degree. How they hold up to magnum recoil/use, I don't know. The reviews also said their triggers were heavy. non adjustable. Thats OK if you hunt with gloves on.

I had one years ago in a 264 win. Mag. The rifle shot well, I shouldn't have sold it. I've had several come in my shop for repairs in the last year or so for me to repair when I take a break from building customs. I have one chambered in 300 Weatherby Mag. in my shop now. None of the rifles had a manufacturing issue, or parts failures. The problems evolved from a few Jackwagons with a grinder working on the triggers. They are good rifles but..... If you have a problem with the Model 70 parts are getting very difficult to acquire. You may not be able to find some of the parts at all.

Last edited:
I had one years ago in a 264 win. Mag. The rifle shot well, I shouldn't have sold it. I've had several come on my shop for repairs in the last year or so for me to repair when I take a break from building customs. I have one chambered in 300 Weatherby Mag. in my shop now. None of the rifles had a manufacturing issue, or parts failures. The problems evolved from a few Jackwagons with a grinder working on the triggers. They are good rifles but..... If you have a problem with the Model 70 parts are getting very difficult to acquire. You may not be able to find some of the parts at all.
What is going on with Winchester lately? I read somewhere these 70's were coming out of Portugal now.

Not that I'm aware of , I've been having problems finding parts for the Model 70s and just about any older Winchester for years now. When Browning bought Winchester, They wanted the ammunition manufacturing . They had no interest in continuing to manufacture parts to support Winchester firearms.

So the parts replacement question would probably start by asking these guys:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311-083654_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311-083654_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 13