Win.M70/NX8 Issue

DesertBoy

Recently had an Athlon 6-24x50 on this Winchester Mode 70 for load development. The gun proved to be very impressive, so I am wanting to put a 4-32 NX8 on it. The problem is I can see the end of the barrel in the bottom of the reticle. I have never had this issue, and have mounted quite a few scopes. To get the scope elevated to the point where the barrel would not be in the reticle the scope would have to be farther back and significantly higher than I would want it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
AB217EA4-06A7-4DFD-B2AE-3425AD4DAB40.jpeg
81D604BF-32B6-4E8B-84EF-E1978B0F3B25.jpeg

Recently had an Athlon 6-24x50 on this Winchester Mode 70 for load development. The gun proved to be very impressive, so I am wanting to put a 4-32 NX8 on it. The problem is I can see the end of the barrel in the bottom of the reticle. I have never had this issue, and have mounted quite a few scopes. To get the scope elevated to the point where the barrel would not be in the reticle the scope would have to be farther back and significantly higher than I would want it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sweet rifle!

Not trying to be smart here - I've had the same situation a few times with LPVO's where I see the barrel at low power.

Maybe it's because I started with open sights, and couldn't see *anything* below my point of aim, but this has never caused a problem for me, HOW is it a problem for you?

Yea it's not an issue just have never noticed it on other rifles I have had. I didn't know if something was wrong. I like how close the body of the scope sits to the barrel as it makes the field of view very comfortable. Just my OCD getting the best of me lol