Wildfires in Wyoming

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Hope these fires get under control for the PEOPLE that live there and all the wildlife that has been in danger. We need to keep our lands and wildlife for all future Generations!!!!!
I know that we are having floods in the SE and praying for them.
FIRE is another threat to mankind and wildlife.
Please pray for all of us!
God Bless all of us!
Len & Jill

Last edited:
Smoke has been thick in the air all summer. The Elk fire is one of the smaller ones this year. We will be glad to see snow or at least rain, with no more lightning. The Mule Deer Foundation has a project going to try to reseed native grasses before invasive grasses move in and take over. Best wishes to all effected by rain or fire.

I mentioned the fire near Dubois, but didn't realize how bad the fire was over near Sheridan! For residents, that fire may be much worse than the fire near Dubois! memtb

Here's our weather forecast for today……this will not help at all! 🤬
1728138263845.png

Smoke has been thick in the air all summer. The Elk fire is one of the smaller ones this year. We will be glad to see snow or at least rain, with no more lightning. The Mule Deer Foundation has a project going to try to reseed native grasses before invasive grasses move in and take over. Best wishes to all effected by rain or fire.
One thing about a Forest Fire, after it is done all new growth takes over really fast and a totally new Landscape takes over.

Yeah we received evacuation notices three times during the fires a couple months ago. If the wind would not have shifted we would have lost our place.
165,000 acres burned. At the same time, another 170,000 acres burned North of us and I believe 70,000 to our East. Every one of my hunting spots burned up. I had to start from scratch this season.
I believe we are over 1200 sq miles burned in the recent major fires here IIRC.

Lots of smaller fires too.

Yeah we received evacuation notices three times during the fires a couple months ago. If the wind would not have shifted we would have lost our place.
165,000 acres burned. At the same time, another 170,000 acres burned North of us and I believe 70,000 to our East. Every one of my hunting spots burned up. I had to start from scratch this season.
I believe we are over 1200 sq miles burned in the recent major fires here IIRC.

Lots of smaller fires too.
I drove over to Piney Creek Rd from Gillette a couple weeks ago. That's a lot burnt land. Glad you guys didn't have to evacuate.

I drove over to Piney Creek Rd from Gillette a couple weeks ago. That's a lot burnt land. Glad you guys didn't have to evacuate.
Oh, we did... but it didn't get us. Was close. It is amazing what goes through your mind when you have little time to decide what goes with you and what stays. Crazy feeling.

Recent Posts