Wild velocity spread with ramshot big game

It's possible that it was off on the other load since it was a new load and never chronographed.
Sometimes I have had load data way off from what I was actually getting.

It's possible that it was off on the other load since it was a new load and never chronographed.
Sometimes I have had load data way off from what I was actually getting.
that is also possible. My 22-250 loads from a week ago were almost exactly what they were in the winter, same powder too

Strange
As I've heard numerous times that Big Game is usually not real sensitive to temperature changes. But it has been extremely hot lately. Maybe I missed it, What was the temperature when you got the high reading?

Strange
As I've heard numerous times that Big Game is usually not real sensitive to temperature changes. But it has been extremely hot lately. Maybe I missed it, What was the temperature when you got the high reading?
since last time i shot it, about 25-30 degrees
He didn't actually say the temperature but only 25-30 degrees warmer. Shouldn't be a problem unless it was 80 the last time and 110 this time.
It's been hot here and I'm going to take my 7-08 out and see how much difference in fps compared to the 60 degrees when worked up using big game.
I think his chronograph was acting up since it said 3300 fps from a 30-06 with 150's and he had no pressure signs.

UPDATE!
Went to the range about an hour ago (about 80°) and got all set up with the chronograph.
I shot 3 factory Remington loads through it (150 cor lokt) and they chronographed 2920 average, right where they should be.

I then shot a ladder test with my 215 bergers and imr 4831, 56.5gr yielded 2790fps no pressure signs other than a slight ejector mark.

I then shot the problematic 150fmj load... 3066 fps with a literally frozen cartridge (in rapped it in an ice pack while shooting other loads) and 3090fps with the same load left out in the sun while I shot.

My conclusion is that the chronograph was too close to the muzzle and or the concussion from shooting under cover was messing with the chronograph.

Thanks for all the ideas and help!!!!

Pictures are of the 215s

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240714-192156.png
    Screenshot_20240714-192156.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240714-192059.png
    Screenshot_20240714-192059.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 26
That's what I was thinking as I read through this. It usually is the chrono if you arnt finding any pressure signs. Another way to do it if you dont have another chrono and don't see any pressure at all for such a large gain in velocity, is to plug all the data in to a ballistic app and shoot the load at distance. It will tell you real fast what your velocity should be at.

That's what I was thinking as I read through this. It usually is the chrono if you arnt finding any pressure signs. Another way to do it if you dont have another chrono and don't see any pressure at all for such a large gain in velocity, is to plug all the data in to a ballistic app and shoot the load at distance. It will tell you real fast what your velocity should be at.
How do u work back on that once u shoot it at that distance. Figure out the actual drop and change the velocity until it matches what you see?