Why Ackley Improved?? Vs std choices

I love the look of Ackley shoulders with bullets sticking way out…..but I also like reasonably priced die sets!

So, that makes me think I should be looking at a 270 Win, 6 Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, 25-06AI, or ……for a next 473 bolt face barrel chambering. I'd like to go way below 300, run fast twist barrel and high bc bullets.

I'm thinking 6 or 25 cal honestly.

So, what can I get does for?

What real benefit am I getting choosing AI or Sherman calibers?
Trade off for performance is generally dipping into a more niche group of cartridges. If you wanna be able to buy a $50 set at the local shop, you're gonna be looking at mainstream stuff. It'll work but if you want every ounce of performance then going to one of the others is where you'll find it. A used set of dies can be had reasonable if you look. $100 Bill can generally do it.

I got the 87 Vax bullets to turn into gray smoke from a 8 twist 6mm06 at over 3500. I was trying for the 6mm AI thing without brass avail problems & fire forming. I used a .243 F/L dies to neck down .270 Win brass & 6.5-06 F/L die as a body die - real cheap but worked good. Trimmed & turned. Real barrel burner not good for lotz of shots.