Who is jfseaman

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46119

aka: Fred Seaman

First off: I'm not posting this to be important on this forum. If I were banned it would cause me no discomfort.

I am posting this so that there is an understanding of who I am as a person. Where I get my knowledge of anything.

I know the internet. I'm second generation computing systems. I've been doing computer stuff since I was 8 years old and now I'm 56. That's 48 years of computing experience. I was on the 'net' before it was the 'net', before there was 'www' and e-mail the way we use it now. Back then I was what was referred to as a nerd.

I know how to learn. In the computer industry things change very quickly. I know how to find the data, the knowledge and information and apply it. I have done the same thing with hobbies. I have built and flown Radio Control airplanes that go over 200mph. I use the 'skill' of knowing how to learn combined with the massive information store that is the 'internet' to learn about things faster than I ever could in the past.

I am willing to say I got it wrong. Yup, it happens. I get stuff wrong. Usually in interpenetrating someones intent in the spoken or written word. AKA a misunderstanding. I sometimes get math 'wrong' if I'm doing an approximation in my head. If no one is going to die or be paid the wrong amount, it's not that important. as part of my computer science I had to do all kinds of math, good at it, hate it.

I don't assume I know everything. Because I don't. There is so much going on in the world that no one can know everything. I try to stick to what I've done or experienced when I give 'advise' usually starting of with IIWM (If It Were Me) or IMO (In My Opinion). I dislike the world 'should' in the extreme. It is a personal habit to avoid the word combination 'you should'. I have someone who works for me that has no where near the life or business experience I have and he uses that phrase all the time. I finally got it out of him that what he means is that he thinks I should make a better living off the business. BTW I'm the founder and CEO and NOT the highest paid employee. I also understand that this staffer believes in the 'a rising tide floats all boats' concept. As long as my company is successful, he will be able to ride the wave.

I have an over developed sense of fairness. Yup an attribute and detriment. I get very 'defensive' or 'protective' when there are unbalanced or malicious attacks on others. On me, well as long as it's all in jest, I can be thick skinned.

There is so much more:
I have been president of a 'shooting club' that operates a public range.
I have raced cars and shifter carts.
I have hiked, fished and bow hunted rabbits and squirrels.
I have sailed, surfed, skied.

But basically, I like to play, outside preferred.

Finally, I breed, raise and train animals for a living. Most people would consider these 'wild' animals. In reality these are technically 'untamed domesticated'. Well, that is until they are trained and 'tamed'. They are more tame than most humans I know.

I have learned from my animals that mostly, animals don't lie but you have to intemperate their vocalizations, postures and actions to determine what they are 'thinking'. I apply this to humans and find that if I pay attention their postures and actions will tell more than their vocalizations.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts