Who has wssm or short mags

I made a D-Tech drilled wildcat 300 WSSM many years ago, in like 2010, before Olympic came out with their version. Converted 25 WSSM brass to 30-25 WSSM. It needed shorter (even for then) 308 cal bullets, like the old and discontinud Speer Hot-Cor 180s, and the Nosler Protected Point Partitions, designed to not have a lead tip sticking out.
22 inch barreled AR15 lower I was getting 3000 fps out of 150 grain FMJs and about 2650 with the 180 grain Protected Point Nosler load. Hard to tell about pressure signs in a gas gun absent some engraving stuff. But it was basically an AR-15 30-06.

Tagging in
6.5 prc or 6.5WSM would be my interest as these would prob give me a big enough jump up in fps to make it worth the design effort and cost.
nothing wrong with other dia calibers or even sm jumps in velocity gains. Im just to old to start over unless its a game changer in my hunting max ranges .
i run 260 rem now in a large frame and happy ,if im hunting wide open country for pronghorn with 20x eyes then i carry my 6.5 WSM bolt gun.
stalking in close to them is challenging on flat prairie.

Tagging in
6.5 prc or 6.5WSM would be my interest as these would prob give me a big enough jump up in fps to make it worth the design effort and cost.
nothing wrong with other dia calibers or even sm jumps in velocity gains. Im just to old to start over unless its a game changer in my hunting max ranges .
i run 260 rem now in a large frame and happy ,if im hunting wide open country for pronghorn with 20x eyes then i carry my 6.5 WSM bolt gun.
stalking in close to them is challenging on flat prairie.
I awaiting on some LaRue 308 ARmags to confirm coal of 2.870"? Those WILL be a game changer on short mag cartridges. The worst thing is they cost $92 per. I've spent worst money on mags that only hold 5 @ $125 per, so average is better when I think about it. 92/20=4.60. Maybe I won't need any more than 2 mags per gun (7saum & 6.5prc). If all goes well, I'll report back.

I awaiting on some LaRue 308 ARmags to confirm coal of 2.870"? Those WILL be a game changer on short mag cartridges. The worst thing is they cost $92 per. I've spent worst money on mags that only hold 5 @ $125 per, so average is better when I think about it. 92/20=4.60. Maybe I won't need any more than 2 mags per gun (7saum & 6.5prc). If all goes well, I'll report back.
Let me check C.O.A.L. of the ar10 mags I have made for me. Now I have to know how they compare to that.

There it is in that thread. 2.850" is tight on the caliper inside.

ARlife4me
yes please keep us posted on the new mags.
expense can always be justified at success, if it doesnt work out, the shoe box of failed ideas and spare parts gets a lil less empty !

There it is in that thread. 2.850" is tight on the caliper inside.

ARlife4me
yes please keep us posted on the new mags.
expense can always be justified at success, if it doesnt work out, the shoe box of failed ideas and spare parts gets a lil less empty !
I received a tracking # today, so hope it'll be here this week! Basically from Austin/Georgetown (Leander) to Amarillo should be an easy trip?

Mags came in yesterday, so here's what I've found on possible coal? Using 7saum w/Barnes 171mb it'll seat out to 2.855", but the 6.5prc will go 2.860". Outside measured 2.950" excluding the bolt catch rib. Wall thickness @ .044" (rear) and .033" (front) should/could put inside @ 2.873", but angle of cartridge changes limits. Now to get the cartridge(s) to sit better as not to hang wrong after 5-6 rounds of a 20 round (308win based) for best feeding to get the most capacity (about 12-14 based on case diameter). I might install a limiter (5-10 round less limiter) and see if that'll help?

Yes , if the case head is sitting square it'll give you max length. .060 is a good extension.
i keep telling myself to stop spliting hairs and just stick with my ar's being medium range hunters and just use the bolt gun for those shots passed 750 .
6.5 WSM would be the easiest for me as the stock of brass i have and dies.
a 6.5prc or 6.5 ss would be another die set and brass investment , which takes money away from spending on over priced primers right now !

i think today i ll hit the range with a couple of rifles and some ammo to enjoy what i have .
im currently building two bolt rifles for family members and should scratch the build itch for a couple of months.
i thought being retired would be easier , now i have time to dream about more rifles !

thanks for the info ,even though im trying to ignore it !
enjoy the football game