• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Who has the best price on 338 Lapua Brass?

Brent,

emailed you yesterday (did you get it) about the guy on BR classifieds selling it for $150 a hundred shipped. that is cheaper than anyone else I have found that does not require large quantity orders.

BH

Brent,
Bruno Shooters Supply has them listed for $1.29/ea in the advertisement in PS Mag Feb 03 issue. And I don't see a minimum quanity. They used to run up $180->$190/100 for Lapua brand brass.
But lately I see Midway and and others advertising for less than $135/100. Sinclair shows them in their 2002B catlog for $1.70/ea for Qty 1-99. That's the highest I'm aware of.
The Norma stuff usually runs $1.15/ea +-. But they are softer brass and have less volume than the Lapua stuff.

Steve

Hey, thanks guys.
smile.gif

I didn't get an email from you Bountyhunter? Did you get a unsuccessfull delivery message?

Appreciate the help.
smile.gif

Anyone see the 300 Gonzo (another 300/338 Lapua Imp) in the PS magazine? What do ya think of it? I haven't seen it myself, Dave Kiff just told me about it over the phone. Said we could modify the reamer based on the base dia. of the drawing, just make the length to the shoulder, taper, neck and angle whatever I wanted. I'll get the brass first to figure out what neck dia. to have the reamer ground to.

Anyone have the average neck thickness obtained with the 338 Lapua brass? I want to turn the necks but don't want to turn any more than necessary, just enough to clean all the necks up perfectly.

I don't want to have to turn off another .002-.003" more than I really need to just because I had the reamer made smaller than necessary just to be safe, if you know what I mean. If they are always over .014" then .012" ought to do, or something like that. Any thoughts on this?

Go to Black Hills Shooters Supply, they're about the cheapest place to get brass of any kind.

All you need is a business. Any business. have some friend get an account and order. I have a machine shop, another buddy has an auto parts store, they sell to both of us.

Also, just order them when you're at work. Send them to the commercial address and they're happy.

[ 02-09-2003: Message edited by: 4mesh063 ]

Ask one of your gunsmith buddies to get em for ya. If you do smithing, that's the business.

Hey thanks, I was thinking of having my smith do it.
smile.gif

Steve,

I havn't called Brunos, but their web price is about the highest. I'll call and ask about the add in PS.

Recent Posts