White-Tailed Deer Trail Cam Thread

looks like you have the evo and micro. Any feedback on the two?

2nd year for the evo's. Just started this year with the micro. I think it takes better pictures. The secret is good signals. We have to use Verizon in PA. Either will work in Fl. for the pigs. I do have the big batteries on the cold weather cameras but the bears raise he!! With them.

Hey All!! Hope everyone's hunting season is progressing just as they had hoped. I wanted to start this thread to see what White-Tailed Deer are on everyone's "hit list" this year. Here's a couple of mine showing up ONLY when there's no sunlight :D.
View attachment 155826
View attachment 155827

So do you know where they head to after showing up for a profile..(lol...lol…)? General direction, bed, drink ect? That's where ya need a second stand. Just my way of thinking. Not trying to be a smart ***.

So do you know where they head to after showing up for a profile..(lol...lol…)? General direction, bed, drink ect? That's where ya need a second stand. Just my way of thinking. Not trying to be a smart *Rule 4 Violation*.

You're fine, brother! ;) Unfortunately, the farms around me (that I don't have permission to hunt) is where those guys are probably spending the majority of their time. Only thing I can hope is that a hungry doe leads them to their demise...:D

Hey All!! Hope everyone's hunting season is progressing just as they had hoped. I wanted to start this thread to see what White-Tailed Deer are on everyone's "hit list" this year. Here's a couple of mine showing up ONLY when there's no sunlight :D.
View attachment 155826
View attachment 155827
Our bucks have been showing up at around 2:30am and setting off the alarms and cameras !

You're fine, brother! ;) Unfortunately, the farms around me (that I don't have permission to hunt) is where those guys are probably spending the majority of their time. Only thing I can hope is that a hungry doe leads them to their demise...:D

Oh ok..Well best of luck to you. While we're on the subject..if you know anyone who has already harvested a Doe or better yet a buck from somewhere farther from these guy's rang..tarsal glands are the trick to use. I used to share my bow kill Tarsals with others and they the same...Works almost every time.

Been after this buck for 8 years now. Seen him grow to a monster 18 pointer in 2016 and last 2 years in decline to this. I started hunting him when I got my first picture of him as a wide but short tined 8 pt at 3.5 years old. So I am guessing he is 10.5 years old now.

I pretty much accept he will die from something but not my hands. In these 8 years he only showed on any of my cameras 1 or 2 times in legal shooting light. My only hope is he gets dementia and forgets he is a deer and walks right up to me.

If I can get my 2016 picture here I will post for you guys. He was a freak.
20191016_212537.jpg
20191016_212537.jpg

:eek: Wow! Freak-Nasty!!
Yes he is. I tried all kinds of things like moving closer to what I felt is his bedding area. Got more pictures of him so kept going in farther. Well ****ed him off barely 10 pictures in one year so backed out a bit and pictures followed. I have come to the conclusion he will never grace my wall. But I am going after him this week and hope he messes up. But not holding my breath.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts