which side arm?

My carry gun is a Taurus Raging Bull 454 loaded with either 260 or 300 grain flat nose and soon some 300 gr partitions. After finishing a bull elk one year with a shot to the head, I can tell you this round imparts massive damage and bone shattering exits! It might be a tad heavy, but you get used to it. Combined with my 338 rum if a griz wants a piece of me at least I have a fighting chance. And now that packing heat is now legal in Yellowstone Park, the 454 will be in a holster during my aventures in a couple weeks. I will have bear spray also, but I have more faith in my shooting than in bear spray. Can you say wind in wrong direction so that if you use the bear spray it comes back on you?

do you carry a side arm while bowhunting? if so which and what caliber? if not what cal. do you think would be best?

I don't bow hunt but I carry a sidearm when I long gun hunt, out of habit. Usually my model 27 S&W 44 long barrel revolver, sometimes my Kimber full size 1911.

springfield xd subcompact in .40sw. I like the palm and double trigger safeties. Only have black bear and kitty cats in my area so I thing 40s enough

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts