where ya at

I'm glad to see you are finally addressing me properly.

Ya know, I didn't think about all that dust on those roads at the farm. My Banks charged Power Stroke Diesel is all waxed up and resting in the garage at the moment.

A lift would be great if you think that your Cheby could make it to my house and then to the farm. We don't want to waste valuable hunting time on the side of the road broken down.

Joel, i've been addressing you properly all along...you just have a new title now.

it's nice to know the truck is resting in the garage...does it do anything else?

you're making the assumption i was offering you a ride. i might if you let me
touch the "magical mile" gun.

Dave

Thanks for the new title.... I think..

The truck does come out of the garage occasionally.... every once in a while I need to dust it off..;)

Let's start off with just looking :eek: at the "magical mile" gun.
If that goes well, then I may allow your paws on it.

I hunted the farm this past Thursday with 2 friends of mine. We hunted from 3:00pm until dark and seen 22 hogs. May have seen a couple of them twice but that's still a ton of pigs. We only shot at the ones along the upper fencerow as the farmer was speading manure in the lower field and din't want to shoot around or over him. We killed 3, all around 900 yards. The grass is already getting high and by next week it may be too tall. For those of you interested in coming in may have to be right after they cut the alfalfa. I haven't gotten much response other than from Joel and it sounds like Dave Wilson may come up. Joel and Dave, it may be up to us to have all the fun. I'll keep you updated on the grass height.

Montour rifle,
I think I can make that hunt just tell me where and when what time etc. I out of Red Lion, Pa. 10 miles south of York.
Kevin 'Freebore'

Freebore,
Glad to hear you can make it. I'll be checking the alphalpha on Wednesday and talking to the farmer. As soon as I know that the grass is cut I'll post the date here right away.
Thanks.

Kevin
AKA Montour Rifles

Grass Is Cut

Kevin,

The grass is cut every other field. I would like to hunt either Wednesday or Thursday if you want to. Give me a call at the house or my cell if you wanna go. I am back to work now so it will have to be in the evening.

I also got two more spots to hunt that we need to go check out.... both have 1k + shooting

Well JUDD and I hunted the farm tonight from a new location. Only got about 2 1/2 hours of hunting in but got a little shooting. I killed a nice hog at 1188 (on video), JUDD rolled one at 1267 (on video) that hogs gonna have a sore belly tommorrow, and I nicked one in the *** ate 1301. I won't mention the one he missed at 520. Some of the rye was cut but the alphalpha wasn't cut yet. I'll check back Monday and see where we stand.

I talked with JUDD today and the weather doesn't look good this week. I didn't see if the fields were cut because the weather is to be bad, so I guess we'll have to postpone this until the fields are cut for sure and the weather cooperates. I'll post here as soon as I know something.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.