Where to post New Mexico private land tags for sale?

I don't believe there was ever much response to this from Jonoton after the original inquiry. I was very interested but never received any response

Hello,

I thought I had replied to everybody who messaged me last year. I apologize, JMB, for not getting back to you.

I posted them on another forum, and it was just an exercise in frustration. While I got a lot of interest due to the price point of what I was listing the tags at, once guys understood the size of deeded acreage I have (which i was always very clear about- maybe I provide too much info?) they would lose interest. One guy changed his tune from 'sign me up, Great deal, where do I send the check' to 'too much money if you can't guarantee me an elk.' And he was one of the guys that lead off with 'I'm not a tire kicker, ' which is a dead give away I suppose.

I was not selling the tags to get rich, but I won't give them away either. I won't make any statement as to the likely success of a hunt, but I won't sell anything that I would not pay for myself.

Anyways, I'd like to sell two tags this year. I will list them through this forum only from here out.

Hello,

As the title says, I am looking advice for preferred places to post private land tags in Mew Mexico for sale or trade. We have a ranch in Unit 37, and with the new rules we can sell unlimited elk, pronghorn, deer, barbary tags - which I am not going to do! I intend to follow the prior quota numbers we had received, and hope other landowners don't get carried away.

So, what is your go-to website for finding private land tags for sale? The Outfitter section on here does not seem to get heavy traffic, and Craigslist is chock full of scammers (No, I don't want to trade a broken outboard motor for an elk tag).

Also, any pointers on what you value most when shopping for a tag? IE, are accommodations, transportation, etc important to you, or would you rather just pay a flat rate for a tag and handle the rest yourself?

Thank you for your advice,

Jon
I try a hunt New Mexico each year, if I draw a tag. Let me know what you have and I might be interested. I have Elk hunt scheduled for Nov and I am currently looking for Pronghorn in Unit 39 .
Ace

Jonoton, I am a resident here in NM and would be very interested in any big game tags you have. I will hunt anything that puts meat in the freezer. Send me a PM about what you have and are looking to sell.

Hello,

I thought I had replied to everybody who messaged me last year. I apologize, JMB, for not getting back to you.

I posted them on another forum, and it was just an exercise in frustration. While I got a lot of interest due to the price point of what I was listing the tags at, once guys understood the size of deeded acreage I have (which i was always very clear about- maybe I provide too much info?) they would lose interest. One guy changed his tune from 'sign me up, Great deal, where do I send the check' to 'too much money if you can't guarantee me an elk.' And he was one of the guys that lead off with 'I'm not a tire kicker, ' which is a dead give away I suppose.

I was not selling the tags to get rich, but I won't give them away either. I won't make any statement as to the likely success of a hunt, but I won't sell anything that I would not pay for myself.

Anyways, I'd like to sell two tags this year. I will list them through this forum only from here out.
If you PM me I would like to know more about what you are offering. Thank you.

Eric

Ended up just selling the hunting rights to the ranch for the year, thank y'all for your interest.

Hello,

As the title says, I am looking advice for preferred places to post private land tags in Mew Mexico for sale or trade. We have a ranch in Unit 37, and with the new rules we can sell unlimited elk, pronghorn, deer, barbary tags - which I am not going to do! I intend to follow the prior quota numbers we had received, and hope other landowners don't get carried away.

So, what is your go-to website for finding private land tags for sale? The Outfitter section on here does not seem to get heavy traffic, and Craigslist is chock full of scammers (No, I don't want to trade a broken outboard motor for an elk tag).

Also, any pointers on what you value most when shopping for a tag? IE, are accommodations, transportation, etc important to you, or would you rather just pay a flat rate for a tag and handle the rest yourself?

Thank you for your advice,

Jon
John, please post in a PM addressed to me. Thank you! (I'm not joking.. I'm very interested)

Just saw you posted hunting rights are sold.. always next year I guess! Haha

In the future, try posting on jasonsguns.com (local to NM), or post on the bulletin board at Sportsman's Warehouse in Albuquerque

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts