Whats the worse rifle or gun you ever bought ? I hsve several tied

They took all of those 41 mags back to the factory. I heard the same thing about a bunch of Henry 327 lever guns .A friend of mine who's a dealer bought 13 454 raging bulls all of them blew the barrels off .That would not be fun when your attacked by a bear .

I fell in love with a Browning BLR 81 in a 243, it felt great , but you couldn't get it to group under 3 in at a hundred yds. I tried all kinds of combinations, I had about as much tied up in reloading components as I did the rifle , I kept it for about 3 yrs and ended up traded it off

I have and like my Remington 700s and don't own a Savage. But people who own them seem to love them. What do you not like about them?
More I shoot mine the more they come apart. Have had to replace all three accurtriggers, one after it jammed up on a hunt. One of my savages has a bolt that despite all the locktite in the world won't stay together. The actions are much larger than an equivalent rem 700 platform, and in an age when we're trying to make more compact packable light weight rifles they are bested by everything except a 77.

These problems are all probably not isolated to savage but likely applicable to all budget guns. A 700 platform has better bottom metal options, better stock options, better trigger options. More importantly if you do a build on a 700 and it poops the bed, swap in a solid custom and change everything over. My self disassembling savage has a mcmillan on it... if it was a 700 based gun it would be a prime candidate for a custom swap. Instead I'm stuck with a lemon with a nice barrel and stock.

They were fun back in the day as a cheap way to do diy guns. Markets changed and they don't hold the appeal for me anymore.

The worst rifle I ever bought was a 300 Weatherby Mark V Deluxe ( 2006 American made) . When I was younger I always wanted one. I Saved up the money and ordered one through my go to gun shop. I ordered it with the Accubrake.
The gun came in and it was gorgeous. Beautifully grained stock , blueing, etc.
I had also saved up and put a nice Zeiss scope on it. The day came to shoot it and sight it in. I had my wife at the range with me and there was another gentleman on the bench next to me.
Gave it a quick bore sight down the barrel enough to get me on paper to start.
Got down , took aim , and squeezed the trigger. To my surprise the thing kicked so hard it almost threw me off the bench. The muzzle jumped violently the trusted me back hard.
When I looked at the muzzle the brake was gone! Totally separated at the first set of ports. THANK GOD my wife , the guy next to me and myself were not injured. How I don't know but we got lucky. The piece that remained on the threads was stamped 300. Why would I have bothered to mic it.
I took the gun back to the shop I bought it from 2 days later and get this ,
One of the guys that works the counter was at that range over that weekend and found what was left of the brake at the 100yd back stop! Imagine that! Here's the best part!
They grabbed a 300 mag round and placed the brake on it! Not even F'ing close. Mic'd it and it was for .284 cal not 30!
They gave it to me and told me to call Weatherby. I did.
They asked if anyone was hurt but offered no apology. Told me to send it to one of their smiths to have it gone over and a new brake put on. I asked for the threaded piece back when the rifle shipped back . I did not get it back and they wanted the other half of the brake. I refused to give it to them. The pictures I provided were clear enough. A comment made to me during one of the many phone calls was " you weren't in any danger"
F*** Y** ! You weren't behind it when it blew apart!
After a lot of back and forth and a letter I wrote to Roy Jr himself I ended up getting a stupid autographed book and a sling.
Maybe I was expecting too much but at the minimum an apology and a replacement rifle should have been offered.
I have absolutely nothing good to say about them and they can keep their junk! Clearly no quality control whatsoever. I shot that gun only a handful of times after that and it now sits in my safe. I have zero interest in it. I'd never buy one of their guns again. Check out the pics and be sure to check the diameter of a brake on a new gun.
I learned the hard way!
The first three pics are ones I just took to show ya. The two of the muzzle are snapshots of the old photographs I took when it happened. You can see how that thing blew apart.
Weeping Jesus! Thankfully you weren't hurt!

One day my dad wanted something made by H&K, and they had just come out with the VP70Z so he got one. You all probably know about the trigger pull on those things. It may have been an accurate shooter, but we will never know because the human finger is not strong enough to pull it without shaking.
H&K handguns' triggers are renowned for their issues.

Winchester 100 in .243. Wouldn't group, wouldn't stay sighted in, ran through a lot of rounds getting it sighted perfect, only to find it off by a matter of feet whe I shot at anything. Later figured out it was the scope mounting system, but even with open sights it wouldn't put three in a hat at 100 yds. Misfed about one time out of five. Long gone but not forgotten, and neved missed for a minute!

Mine is a Winchester M70 Super Grade .308 caliber in a maple stock that I bought to be an heirloom gun for my grandson. After over a year and darn near every possible factory load and dozens of different reload recipes plus a full-on bedding job I was about to give up when I realized I had been trying nothing but boattail projectiles. I got a box of Speer 150g flat based soft point bullets and the darned thing grouped! Barely under a moa but hey, I was tired of fooling with it. I loaded 50 rounds, included the recipe in the box and put that sucker back in the safe. That was almost 5 years ago and I haven't shot it since.

The worst rifle I ever bought was a 300 Weatherby Mark V Deluxe ( 2006 American made) . When I was younger I always wanted one. I Saved up the money and ordered one through my go to gun shop. I ordered it with the Accubrake.
The gun came in and it was gorgeous. Beautifully grained stock , blueing, etc.
I had also saved up and put a nice Zeiss scope on it. The day came to shoot it and sight it in. I had my wife at the range with me and there was another gentleman on the bench next to me.
Gave it a quick bore sight down the barrel enough to get me on paper to start.
Got down , took aim , and squeezed the trigger. To my surprise the thing kicked so hard it almost threw me off the bench. The muzzle jumped violently the trusted me back hard.
When I looked at the muzzle the brake was gone! Totally separated at the first set of ports. THANK GOD my wife , the guy next to me and myself were not injured. How I don't know but we got lucky. The piece that remained on the threads was stamped 300. Why would I have bothered to mic it.
I took the gun back to the shop I bought it from 2 days later and get this ,
One of the guys that works the counter was at that range over that weekend and found what was left of the brake at the 100yd back stop! Imagine that! Here's the best part!
They grabbed a 300 mag round and placed the brake on it! Not even F'ing close. Mic'd it and it was for .284 cal not 30!
They gave it to me and told me to call Weatherby. I did.
They asked if anyone was hurt but offered no apology. Told me to send it to one of their smiths to have it gone over and a new brake put on. I asked for the threaded piece back when the rifle shipped back . I did not get it back and they wanted the other half of the brake. I refused to give it to them. The pictures I provided were clear enough. A comment made to me during one of the many phone calls was " you weren't in any danger"
F*** Y** ! You weren't behind it when it blew apart!
After a lot of back and forth and a letter I wrote to Roy Jr himself I ended up getting a stupid autographed book and a sling.
Maybe I was expecting too much but at the minimum an apology and a replacement rifle should have been offered.
I have absolutely nothing good to say about them and they can keep their junk! Clearly no quality control whatsoever. I shot that gun only a handful of times after that and it now sits in my safe. I have zero interest in it. I'd never buy one of their guns again. Check out the pics and be sure to check the diameter of a brake on a new gun.
I learned the hard way!
The first three pics are ones I just took to show ya. The two of the muzzle are snapshots of the old photographs I took when it happened. You can see how that thing blew apart.
The way WBY handled it is horrible. I have been lucky with mine, but if I were in your shoes, I would have looked for legal action. I am sure that was scary

Last edited:
The only current production guns I will not touch are Bergara and Daniel Defense.

Tikka chambered in 300 WM. Never could get it to shoot even after sending back to Beretta USA on my "dime" too. Will never own another.

Tiny Kahr 380, light strikes about 50% of time, worthless

Had a Tikka D18 in 308 that I put 2 lbs of powder and every projectile I could get my hands on that would not group better than 2"…
These seem interesting to me as I either have good experience myself or have heard a lot of positive feedback for these brands with minimal negative. There's always one that slips through.